Chapter 8

Emily

I'm pacing the floor in my heels nervous. They won't let me in yet. This dude keep looking at me. "Nigga stop lookin' at my ass! Damn you never seen a fat ass before!?".

"Can you stop yelling?", this lady asked annoyed.

"Can you shut the fuck up!?"

"Don't talk to my momma like that.", a girl said.

"Bi-"

"Hey, hey, hey. Calm it down or else you're out."

"Fuck you!", the girl yelled. They kicked her out.

"Anyone else?". I huffed and started pacing again.

...

They finally let me go in. "What did they say?", I asked pulling a chair up next to him.

"Nothin' yet. Did you call my momma or Tommy.", he asked as I did.

"No, you told me not to."

"Good, good. Remember when we fucked in the hospital?". We started laughing.

"Yeah, I was pretty loud.", I said shaking my head.

Terrence

They told me that I had Acute Bronchitis after Emily left. They said imma be good though. I was scared for a minute cause they told me that I could have had lung cancer but I don't do I'm good.

...

"But I'll be okay.", I said to Emily. I just told her what they told me.

"Oh my God are you serious?"

"Imma be good Mily.". She just looked at me.

"You better take that medicine."

"Yes ma'am.". She smacked her lips. "What's up with the heels and shit?", I asked looking at her heels.

"What's wrong with it?", she asked standing up and fixing her dress. "Don't I look nice?".

"You look more than nice.". She flipped her hair.

"I know right.", she said laughing. "Nah but thank you. You ready?".

"Yeah, I'm waitin' on my papers.". She sat back down. "So...".

"What's up?"

"Well I made reservations at a restaurant a while back for 2 and I was wondering if you'd come to dinner with me?"

"Uhhh, I don't know.". I'm surprised she didn't say no. "Since you were there for me, I'd love to. This is a one time thing though.".

"That's fine with me."