Chapter 28

Emily

"So we damn near together right?", Terrence asked as we walked through my house. I can move in in 3 weeks. My furniture and stuff will be in by then and everything else will be taken care of.

"No, we just fuck.", I said lying. We damn near in a whole relationship. He got quiet. "I'm just playin', yes we are. Why?".

"We might as well make it official, right?", he asked as we went into the back yard.

"Terrence we're too old to be playing this little game of yours. I'm not about to walking around all broken hearted, again."

"I'm done playin' games. I know who I want.", he said grabbing my hand. "I want you and only you. I wanna marry you, for real this time. I wanna go through with it."

"What ever Terrence.", I said shaking my head.

"You know I love you Emily.", he said before kissing me. I just looked at him and he kissed me again.

"I love you too.", I said.

"Will you be my girl, again?". I just looked at him.

"This is the last time Terrence, the last time. No more chances.", I said before he kissed me.

"I don't need no more, this it.". I let his hand go and walked back in the house. I been up crying for months cause of him. I lost myself cause of him. I can't see myself being with nobody but him though. "Baby?", he asked walking after me. "What's wrong?".

"Terrence I can't be feelin' like that again. That shit fuckin' hurt.", I said with watery eyes.

"Baby you won't.", he said hugging me. Emily don't cry, you got on makeup. "We can't go out tonight.".

"Why not?", I whinned letting him go.

"Yo' ass goin' to church, you thought I was playin'? Talkin' bout you was a hoe and slapin' it in yo' face.". I started laughing.

"I was just playin'.", I said laughing. His phone started ringing. "Who callin' you?", I asked as he pulled his phone out his pocket.

"The kids.", he said before answering the phone. "Hello?, yes we know Amari, I'm not tellin' you, okay, alright bye.".

"She's talking about her birthday?"

"Yeah, I forgot."

"Well I didn't, I made plans for tomorrow. I got her a cake and an outfit and shoes and gifts, makeup for her eye too."

"She just got clothes and shoes."

"So, it's her birthday.". His phone rung again. "Who is it?".

"René."

"Put it on speaker.", I said after he answered it.

Terrence:Hello?
René:Hey Terrence.
Terrence:Hi René.
René:What you doin'?
Terrence:What do you want?
René:Are you by Nathan?
Terrence:It's been 13 years René. You think he wanna talk to you?
René:I wanna wish him a happy birthday.
Terrence:That was months ago.
René:It was?

This bitch.

René:Well let me talk to him.
Terrence:I'm not around him. What makes you think he wanna talk to you?
René:Just tell him to call me, I am his momma after all.
Terrence:That's a lie. I'll tell him. Bye René.
René:Wait!
Terrence:What?
René:Sorry.
Terrence:For?
René:Your daughter Jayda, Tommy told me what happened.

I know she didn't tell this bitch about Jayda. René started laughing. This bitch don't appreciate life.

René:I'm sorry that's not funny, she's in a better place and at peace-

I took his phone and pressed end quickly. "Take me to this bitch house.", I said giving him his phone.

"No, I can't have you gettin' arrested."

"Fuck that shit."

"Think about the kids.". He pulling a me on my ass. I huffed and crossed my arms. "You're so cute when you're mad.", he said kissing me. "Don't let her get to you.", he said grabbing my hand.