Chapter 41

Terrence

"She said yes.", I told Ricky. He shook his head. "What?".

"Why are you doin' this to her?"

"Doin' what?"

"Hurtin' her, we both know you gone back out."

"No I'm not, I'm goin' through with it. I love her and I don't wanna spend my life with anyone but her. I don't want none of these bitches out here. I just want her."

"Yeah okay."

Emily

"I said yes.", I said to my friends Amiah, Jasmine and Kiarre. They all looked at each other then at me. "What?", I asked confused.

"Are you sure you wanna marry him?", Jasmine asked. They know pretty much our whole story.

"Yes, I love him."

"But do he love you?", Amiah asked.

"Of-of course.". They all shook their heads. "What?".

"You don't hurt someone you love time after time after time after time. Call it off", Amiah said.

"Yeah.", Kiarre said agreeing with her.

"He didn't wanna get married at first, what makes you think he actually wants to marry you now?", Jasmine asked. I opened my mouth but nothing came out.

"He loves me, I'm not calling anything off and I just know."

Terrence

"No.", Issac said shaking his head. I just told him that me and Emily are engaged. "Hell no.".

"What?"

"You not about to have my sister walking around all broken hearted because you not ready to settle down."

"I'm ready to settle down, she won't be broken hearted. She'll be happy, I'll make sure she is.". He just looked at me.

"You was supposed to do that the first time around but you didn't. You hurt her and made her leave.". He's right. "I refuse to lose my sister again Terrence. Call it off before it's too late.". I just looked at him. What's up with him and Ricky?

"I'm not calling it off, again. I know what I want, I know who I want. I want Emily and only her. I'm ready to settle down."

"Name yo' price."

"What?"

"Name yo' price and I'll pay you not to marry her."

"No Issac. I'm marrying Emily. No amount of money will change that."

"I really can't talk you out of this, can I?"

"No Issac.". His head dropped.

"Damn.", he said looking up. He huffed and ran his hands down his face.

Emily

"What's up?", I asked Issac. He came over out of the blue. "Oh yeah, we're getting married.", I said smiling.

"That's what I came to talk to you about.", he said before drinking some water. "Call it off.".

"What? Why?", I asked confused.

"Remember what happened last time?"

"I'm not calling anything off."

"I'm not asking a question Emily. Call it off."

"I'm your big sister and I'm grown as hell. You can't tell me what to do. I'm marrying Terrence!"

"He's just gonna hurt you."