Chapter 7

Emily

"I would love to."

"Emeke what the hell is this?!", I woman asked interrupting our date.

"Uhh."

"Where's your wedding band?". This nigga married? Great. I can't believe I fucked him. Afia knew all along too. While I was thinking I got punched in my shit, hard. It's this bitch. I tried getting her but people came and broke us up. 2 people had me and only 1 person had her so she was able to get to me but I couldn't get to her.

...

I really liked him. Every person I've been with cheated on me, one even put his hands on me. What's wrong with me? I'm full of mixed emotions most of all anger. I didn't get one hit, not even a scratch. I'm crying and shit. My makeup messed up. I don't want my kids to see me like this. I don't have anywhere to go. Me and Terrence got into it because of me. Well, if he's who I think he is he'll let me in.

...

I got out without my heels and walked to his door. I got myself together and knocked on the door. Ricky opened the door. "You good?". I shook my head.

"Is Terrence busy?"

"Terrence?! Come in.", he said moving over. I walked in making sure my dress wasn't rising. Terrence don't say anything. "Come on.". I followed him to the living room, it was 3 other dudes in there not including Terrence. He's playing the game. "Terrence?".

"What nigga?". He quickly looked at us then back to the game then he looked at me again. "It's time for yall niggas to go.". I looked down cause I didn't want them to see me like this. They said bye and left. After the door closed I looked up and cried lowly. Before he could say anything I hugged him and cried, he wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back. "What happened?". I shook my head. "Somethin' got you cryin' like this Emily.". I didn't say or do anything, I just cried. I honestly don't know why I'm crying like this.

...

We talked and he helped out a lot. Now I'm laying on a pillow that's on his lap and with a cover over me. "Terrence-".

"I know this don't mean we can work things out. I'm okay with that.", he said playing in my hair. This shit feel so good. "I'm always here, remember that.".

"I will.".

"Would you really kill me?"

"I can't kill someone I love.". Why did I just say that? Great. "Why didn't you wanna marry me?", I asked sitting up. Let the bullshit begin.

"I was scared. What you said was right. April fucked me up and I couldn't see that you wouldn't hurt me like she did. It took me too long to realize that and I lost you.". I guess it wasn't bullshit. "You're gone.". He just looked at his phone and played with it. He huffed and ran his hands down his face. "I'm sorry, for everything I put you t-". He stopped talking and held his chest then started coughing into his elbow. When he stopped we saw blood on his shirt. "It's nothing.", he said taking the shirt off.

"How long?"

"About a week, it's nothing."

"A week!? That's something Terrence.", I said standing up. "We're going to the hospital.". He started holding his chest and breathing wired. I got my phone and called 911. He started coughing again, hard and more blood came up. Please don't die on me.