Chapter 43

Terrence

It's Nathan's birthday today. Emily and them just walked through the door, she's making breakfast. "Hey baby.", I said kissing her and grabbing Olivia's car seat.

"Hey, where's Nathan."

"Still sleep."

"Hey dad.", Jayden said walking in.

"Hey Jayden."

"Can I play the game?"

"Ion care.", I said walking to the living room with Emily. I sat down and took Olivia out of the car seat. She started crying so I put her back down. She kept crying so I picked her back up.

"She's probably hungry, she got a bottle made in her bag.". I got the bottle and fed her. She started shitting.

"She shittin'."

"It's yo' week.", Emily said leaving the room.

Emily

I went to the kitchen and started cooking. While I was cooking Nathan walked in rubbing his eyes. "Hey momma.", he said hugging me.

"Hey baby, happy birthday."

"Thank you, Afia trippin'."

"What she do?"

"She talkin' bout she need more money."

"What?"

"That's what I was saying."

"You give her $100 everytime you get paid.". He only makes $400 after they take out taxes. He give Afia $100, Nathan Jr gets about $150. That's $250 right there. He only gets $150 out of $400. This girl gone take damn near his whole check.

"I know, I honestly don't even know why I gotta pay her. I take care of my son. I end up with $150 every time I get paid, what the hell imma do with that?". I shook my head.

"Just stop payin' her.", I said flipping a pancake.

"I told her that I was, she said she gone take me to court if I do. Ion wanna go to court ma. They gone give her dang near my whole check."

"I don't think they will, you probably won't have to pay her anymore. You got Nathan most of the time and you make sure he got what he need. You buy pretty much all his stuff, she need to be payin' you. Don't give her no more money Nathan."

"She gone take me to court. You know she'll do it."

"So, you won't have to pay her either way. We can talk on your behalf and only her momma and daddy can talk on hers. We got Issac, yo' grandma, Terrence and me. They won't make you pay her. Stop giving her your money."

"Okay.". We started talking about how he feels like Afia don't really want Nathan then the bell rung. "I got it!", he yelled getting up from the island. "What you gotta do at 9 in the morning? You don't gotta work and school out. Bye Afia.". I heard the door slam.

...

"Where's Amari?", I asked confused. I haven't saw her in a minute.

"With grandma, remember?", Jayden asked.

"Yeah, she moved with her.", Terrence said.

"Oh, okay.". We started eating and talking.

Terrence

While I was waiting on them to finish Nathan's hair my phone rung. It's Ricky. I went outside and answered it.

Me:Hello?
Ricky:We got a problem.
Me:What? The car?
Ricky:Yeah, my baby momma got mad and slashed the tires. She thought it was my car.
Me:Nigga are you serious?
Ricky:Yeah.