Chapter 39

Terrence

Emily been feeling some type of way about her body so we're going to the gym together more often starting today. I just made it to her house. I honked the horn and she came out.  She had this thing over her stomach and it looks like she can't breath. "Hey babe.", she said getting in the car.

"Hey baby.", I said before kissing her. "Can you breathe?".

"Yeah.", she said shaking her head. "Why'd you ask?".

"Cause it look like you can't. Is that safe?", I asked touching it. It looks like her insides are being squished together.

"Yeah I just can't keep it on too long and I won't so I'll be ok.". I just looked at it.

"Okay.", I said after a minute before pulling off. We talked about her and her therapy sessions while we drove to the gym.

Emily

"Come on baby you got it.", Terrence said to me. "Don't stop.".

"Terrence I'm about to pass the fuck out.". I stopped running. "I'm too fat for this shit.", I said sitting down.

"You not even fat you just got a lil gut."

"What ever.", I said before drinking some water. "I'm ready to go.".

"Give me 15 more minutes."

"Alright.". I got on the stairs thingy and started walking on there. While I was Emeke walked up to me.

"Hey, how you been?"

"Fine.", I heard Terrence say.

"Emeke!", the lady from the restaurant called. He looked at Terrence before walking away. He said something under his breath as he did.

"What?", Terrence asked. Emeke turned around and starred walked back. I got off, grabbed my water bottle and pulled Terrence outside. They are not about to fight. Emeke looked at us the whole time.

"You not fenna fight him.", I said as I walked to my side of the car.

"I wasn't.", Terrence said walking to his side. We got in and left.

...

"I'll be back with Olivia when I get out the shower."

"Okay.", I said before kissing him. I got out and went into my house. I heard his car pull off after I closed the door. I locked the door then went upstairs.

...

While I was getting some fruit I heard the alarm sound saying that the door was opened. I walked to the door holding the bowl and saw the kids coming in.

"Hey momma.", Jayden said hugging me.

"Hey baby.", I said hugging him back.

"Hey ma.", Nathan said hugging me.

"Hey baby.", I said hugging him back. "Where's Nathan?".

"With Afia.", he said trying to dig in my bowl. I moved it. He smacked his lips.

"It's more in the kitchen.". He walked to the back as Terrence walked in with Olivia. We said hey and kissed. I grabbed her diaper bag and followed him to the living room. I looked and Olivia was asleep. "How long was she sleep?".

"She fell asleep in the car. Can I get one?". I gave him my bowl and he got a strawberry then gave it back.

...

Nathan knocked on my opened door getting our attention. "Come in.". He came and sat on my bed. "So, about my birthday.".

"What about it?", I asked playing in Terrence's hair. This shit put him to sleep.

"Am I gettin' a car?"

"No.", I said lying. He smacked his lips.

"Pops?", Nathan asked looking at Terrence.

"Hmm?", Terrence asked with his eyes closed.

"Am I getting a car?"

"Nuh-uh.". He smacked his lips.

"Really? I get straight A's and I don't get in trouble."

"That's good.", I said.

"Can I at least have a party?"

"No.", I said lying. Terrence started snoring. He huffed then left. His birthday is in a week, we planned a big surprise party and got him a Benz. It's in Ricky's garage. Oliva started crying shaking me out of my thoughts. I softly pushed Terrence off of me and went to get her. I changed her then made her a bottle and went back to my room. I fed her then played with her until she went back to sleep. I put her back in her bed then went back to my room. I laid next to Terrence then dozed off.