Chapter 18

Emily

Me and Jade are looking for my new house, we're on to hers next. She said that she wanted to move here with me, for some reason. O well. "This is the one.", I said looking around. "I want it.", I said to our real estate agent. Her name is Vanessa and she's been flirting with Jade, Jade flirts back.

"Great.", she said smiling.

"Now on to you.", I said looking at Jade.

...

This house is really nice. It's not too big or too little. "You like?", I asked looking at Jade.

"Bitch I love.", she said making me smile. "I'll take it.", she said softly to the real estate agent smiling. Vanessa smiled back. They just looked at each other smiling.

"We kinda got other stuff to do.". They softly laughed.

"Sorry.", Vanessa said. "You're just like really beautiful.". Jade blushed.

"Thank you, you are too."

"Thank you. I know this is unprofessional but, are you busy tonight?"

"No, what's up?"

"It's a poetry slam tonight and I wanted to know if you'd like to come with me.". When she said poetry Jade's eyes lit up. She love poetry.

"I would love to."

"I have your number, let me give you my personal cell.". Vanessa wrote her number down and gave it to Jade. "Around 8?".

"Mhm, that's fine.", Jade said smiling. Bout damn time she's off my dick.

...

"He miss you.", Terrence said talking about Nathan as we walked through the park. I haven't talked to him after that, I only did cause I thought Terrence hurt him. I can't lie that's my baby and he always will be but he still said what he said.

"There's no reason for him to, I'm not René."

"Emily stop bein' petty."

"Terrence how am I being petty?", I asked stopping and looking at him.

"He's sorry. When people get mad they say shit they don't mean.", he said stopping and looking at me.

"Mad or not he shouldn't have said that Terrence. Do you know how that shit feels? No you can't know how it feel."

"You're right, I can't I can't. I do know that he didn't mean it. I said shit I didnt mean plenty of times, you did too. We got pass that shit th-"

"This ain't the same thing Terrence! I took him in! I treated him like he came from me for 14 years! I loved him just as much as I love Jayden and just as much as I l-loved Jayda! Then he gone treat me like that and you expect it to be water under the bridge? No Terrence. I'm mad and I'm hurt."

"Life is too short to stay mad. No it doesn't have to be water under the bridge but-"

"But what?"

"Shut up and you'll hear what I'm about to say-"

"Who the fuck are you talkin' to!?"

"You Emily!"

"No the fuck you're not!"

"Yes the fuck I am."

"Nigga fuck you."

"B- girl fuck you."

"See this why I can't fuck with you, you always startin' shit!"

"You startin' shit! You trippin' man. I'm not fenna do this with yo' ass. Don't talk to me unless it got somethin' to do with my kids."

"Yo' kids?"

"Yeah my kids. You tryna say sum?"

"Are you sure about that?"

"You cheated on me?". I just looked at him. "Emily Emerald Brooks you hear me talkin' to you!".

"Maybe, maybe not."

"If I find out Jayden ain't mine we gone have some fuckin problems.", he said before walking away. Damn I drove with him.

"You gone take me back right?", I shouted as I followed him.

"Get yo' ass in the back seat.", he said when we made it to the car.

"I'm not getting in the back seat."

"Ion know how yo' ass gettin' back.", he said getting in the car. I smacked my lips and got in the back seat.

...

"Then he dropped me off.", I said to Jade. I just told her what happened. "Was it my fault?".

"You over reacted just a little bit boo. You sayin' Jayden probably ain't his out of line, wait is it a possibility that Jayden ain't his?". I just looked at her.

"Uhh..."