Chapter 3

Claire's POV

Walking into the living room, I sit on the couch and watch Tv. My thoughts are all over the place, I just find myself staring at the screen.

Does Harry know that I'm here? What's going to happen at school on Monday?

My thoughts get cu off when I hear the faucet in the kitchen turn off. Liam walks in seeing him smile at me as he takes the seat next to me.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asks, facing me.

"Sure." I say and he gets up.

"Any suggestions?" He asks, rummaging through his CDs.

"Anything is fine with me." I shrug and he puts in Identity Thief.

"This movie is gonna make you laugh." He says, but I just shrug again as he puts the CD in. I'm not a laughing person. Actually, I don't remember the last time I laughed.

***

It's half way through the movie and I haven't laughed yet. Turning to see Liam, he's well into laughing his arse off.

The sight of him makes me smile inside, his eyes watering and his face turning red as he tries to catch his breath. Wait, what am I talking about?

I blink rapidly when Liam turns to me while I'm still looking at him.

"What?" he says trying to catch his breath.

"Nothing." I say trying not to smile.

He looks so cute when he laughs. Wait no he doesn't. He still bullies you along with his other friends. My subconscious reminds me.

"Why haven't you laughed yet?" He says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I don't think it's funny." I admit.

He gasps dramatically, placing a hand on his chest while doing so.

"You're hard to get through." He sighs.

"You don't even know me" I mumble, all he ever does is call me names, beat me, hold me down. He never got to know me at all. Why am I still here?

"Fine," he says, turning off the movie before facing me, "tell me about yourself."

Liam's POV

I thought of putting in a funny movie to lighten things up between us so I put in Identity Thief.

It's half way through the movie and I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying. Looking over at Claire, she's not laughing at all, not even a smile breaks out on her face. Turning back to watch the movie, I could feel her staring at me.

"What?" I say turning to her.

"Nothing," she says, I could see her trying not to smile but it's pretty obvious. I've never seen her smile before.

"Why haven't you laughed yet?" I ask her.

"I don't think it's funny," she shrugs as I gasp dramatically

"You're hard to get through," I admit, focusing on the movie.

"You don't even know me," she mumbles under breath.

"Fine," I say, turning off the movie and face her, "tell me about yourself."

Claire's POV

Should I tell him? What if he thinks I'm a freak? You know what just go for it.

"My name is Claire and I'm 16 years old. I'm an only child and I have both of my parents. I go to Lake View High School and I'm in 10th grade. I usually get A's, B's, and C's in my classes. I like to read and my favorite ice cream is rainbow sherbet. That's pretty much it I guess." I tell him and he just stares at me.

Liam's POV

As she begins talking, I cant help but feel closer to her now. She snaps me out of my thoughts when she waves her hand in front of my face.

"That's about it." She says and I nod.

"Well, I'm Liam and I'm 16 years old, I'm also an only child and I have both of my parents. My grades are mostly A's and B's, my favorite ice cream is cookies and cream. I like to play video games and eat." I say, laughing after.

Claire's POV

I giggle at the last part and smile, feeling closer to him now. Wait no, we're just talking. Nothing more.

As the silence takes over, I begin to notice that Liam wants to say something.

"Do you want to ask me questions?" I ask him, hoping that's what he wanted.

"Um yeah actually," he says, rubbing the back of his neck.

Little did I know he asked the one thing I didn't want to talk about.