Chapter 71

*Last week of school*

Claire's POV

Finals and quizzes have been such a stressful time in the last week, and now it's even more finals to study for this week.

The boys have been really distant with me, I don't know why, maybe for that fact that me and Zayn have been spending quite a lot of time together these past couple of days. I love them to heart, I don't want to push them away.

Also, I haven't been eating lunch lately, which made my body weight decease a bit. It's not that I hate my body, but instead of eating, I'm studying. And coincidently, it's lunch right now and I'm nose deep into my History book.

"Claire, you have to eat something," Zayn puts my book down and hands me half of his sandwich. Oh, forgot to mention, the boys have took the suggestion into reality, they're now eating lunch.

"Zayn, I can't, finals, exams, quizzes," I list out. He nods his head and closes the book, putting down the sandwich and looking at me.

"Stop worrying, relax," he says in a soft, calming voice.

"But I-"

"Claire," Zayn raises his eyebrows. I sigh in defeat and take my half and bite into it. Ham and cheese, damn this is good.

"Thanks," I say with my mouth full, earning laughs from the other guys.

"So," I take a bite, "I was wondering if we all could hang out at my place tonight?" I suggest. They all immediately shake their heads 'no', while Zayn shakes his head 'yes'.

"Sorry Claire, I'm busy," Niall says.

"Me too," Louis says and avoids eye contact with me.

"And you two? What are your excuses?" I motion toward Liam and Harry, who just shrug as I start to grow frustrated.

"They're not excuses Claire," Louis says, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Well then give me a REAL reason why you can't come?" I cross my arms over my chest. Louis gives a quick glance at Niall and just shrugs.

I huff out and stand up, "Fine," I say and walk out of the room. Heading to my next class. As I walk through the halls, I bump into someone, causing all my books to fall on the floor.

"Dammit," I curse to myself and quickly pick my books up. As I stand up, I'm met by two light brown eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going," the guy says, adjusting his gray beanie. He's wearing a gray button up, dark blue jeans, and black vans.

"It was mostly my fault, I wasn't looking either," we both laugh at the same time. I look down at what I'm wearing, a black and white tribal shirt with blue ripped skinny jeans, matched with blue vans.

"I'm Chris by the way," he sticks his hand out and I shake it, brown hair sticks out of his beanie a bit and I adjust it. Realizing what I'm doing, I pull away.

"Sorry it's a habit," I flush, "I'm Claire."

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he smiles.

"Are you new here? I haven't seen you around school." I ask as the bell rings.

"Yeah I am, came here from California, the school's amazing but I can't find my classes." He hands his schedule to me, he has the same classes as me.

"Well you're in luck Chris," I tell him as we begin walking. "We have the same classes together. Just follow me." Chris laughs and starts walking with me.

Louis' POV

"Where's Claire?" I hear Zayn ask us.

"I don't know, she'll come in anytime soon," I assure him.

I can tell that me, Niall, Liam, and Harry are kind of sick of Claire and Zayn. They always and I mean always hangout, it's like we're not even here most of the time. Every time we're over at Liam's, Zayn and Claire have their own thing going on while the rest of us just sit through the movie. I'm starting to have a hunch that the other guys fancy Claire too.

Just as the late bell rings, Claire walks in with a guys I've never seen before. Claire apologizes to the teacher for being late and lightly moves the guy up front.

"Class this is our new student Chris, please be kind," the teacher says and continues work on the computer. Claire pulls on Chris' arm towards the back of the room and seats him next to her, but Zayn is on the other side.

"Hey babe," Claire kisses Zayn on the cheek. Zayn's eyes are fixed on Chris, and he's terrified.

"Zayn, boys, this is Chris. He's new here," she says. "And Chris, this is Zayn, Louis, Liam, Harry, and Niall." Claire goes down the row. I wave at him and he waves back, still nervous by Zayn's stare.

"And Zayn," she nudges him, causing him to break the stare,"is my boyfriend."

"You're a really lucky man," he says to Zayn.

"Thanks," Zayn reaches for Claire's hand and interlocks with her, earning a smile. "You'll have a great time at Lake View," he says as the teacher begins the lesson.

***

Claire's POV

Zayn had to be at his home ASAP to help out with his mum, the other boys had their 'excuses', and that's pretty much why I'm walking from school.

I remember the boys saying that they'll give me rides everyday so that I'll be 'safer', but I guess that they just don't care anymore.

As I arrive at my flat, I quickly shut the door to see my mom in the kitchen, a box place on the table.

"Mom? I thought you were working?" I ask her as I take my shoes off.

"Well I took a day off and I saw this," she smiles and motions toward the box. I walk over to the box and examine it, the box moves a bit as I jump. Definitely something alive.

"Meow," I hear the box coo. It can't be. Oh my gosh. Quickly opening the lid, a black and white kitten looks up at me.

"Mom! You got me a kitten!??" I carefully take the kitten out, taking a better look. The kitten has some blotches of black on her body, and yes it's a girl, the eyes are a like no other, one is blue and the other is brown.

"I love her," I gently place her on the floor and crouch down.

"Actually Claire, I didn't get this for you." She says and I look at her confusingly.

"Who did?"