Chapter 48

Liam's POV

Please Claire, please say yes.

She looks at me with tired eyes and sighs deeply.

"Liam, you know that if I do, you guys will end up fighting because of me." She looks back at the boys, then back at me.

"We won't." I reassure her.

"Are you promising that you guys won't fight?" She makes the question clearer. Her tone is a bit hesitant toward me, I can clearly tell.

"Uhh," I scratch the back of my neck, "I have to ask."

"Then for now it's no." She looks back at the front where the teacher walks in, setting his stuff on the desk.

"Fine," I mutter out as I stand, and head to my seat next to Niall. The boys are staring at me, I'm guessing they want to know what we talked about. "I asked her if we all could become best friends again." I explain to them.

"What did she say?" Zayn and Harry ask in unison.

"She said that if we don't fight because of her she'll say yes, but for now it's no." They all sigh as the teacher shushes us. I mutter out a 'sorry' before taking the worksheet in front of me and start to work on it.

"When you're finished you can do whatever," the teacher waves off. Quickly doing my work, I finish it and turn it in, getting an unusual glance from the teacher as I walk back to my seat. Claire finishes a couple minutes after, hands it to the teacher, and sits back down. Taking my phone out, I decide to text her in hopes that we can become friends again.

Me:
'Best friends?' I hit 'send', seconds after she pulls out her phone and reads it before tapping away.

Claire:
'Are you guys going to stop the fighting?' She asks back. C.rap, I forgot to ask the boys if they will.

"Guys hurry up," I rush them, getting eye rolls from them as they all stand and head to the front desk and back to their seats.

"Why were you rushing us?" Louis says with a harsh whisper.

"Will you guys stop fighting about her?" I ask them, not bothering to answer his question. They all give glances at each other, then at Claire before answering.

"Yeah," they all say. I smile wildly before texting Claire back.

Me:
'We all won't fight, promise.'

Claire:
'Fine, only because I love you guys.' I can almost see her smiling when I receive it.

"She said yes," I keep smiling. The boys silently scream in accomplishment and high-five each other. For the rest of the class we all listen to music and text Claire. The texts were just the usual conversations, but mostly the fact that we all missed her. And it's true, we did miss her, even though it was only for two days, but it felt like two years.

When the bell rings, we pack our stuff and catch up to Claire.

"Hey," I hug her tightly, hearing her giggle in my chest.

"Liam stop," she mumbles into my chest.

"I can't help it, I missed you so much," I tell her as we walk to our next class.

"Ehem," Louis coughs , "we missed her to." He says, rolling his eyes.

"Aww Louis," she coos, walking over to him as she wraps her arms around hm for a hug. He smiles and hugs her back while a group of girls walk passed us.

"S.lut," I hear one of them say. Claire lets go of Louis and looks at the girls that passed us, her eyes brimming with tears.

"Claire don't listen to them, they don't know you," I rub her back as we walk in the classroom. We take our seats in the back, and surprisingly, Claire sits with us.

Claire's POV

Am I really a s.lut? Why would they say that about me? What did I ever do to them?

"Claire it's alright," Zayn soothes me. He must of saw me zoning out.

It's a good feeling to know that they know when something's wrong with me, and don't judge me for it. That's why I love them so much.

I just give him a nod and return to my work, quickly finishing the assignment before handing it in and sitting back down.

After half the class is finished--now talking to other people--the teacher speaks up.

"Okay, so were having a test next class," he says. A bunch a groans fills the room including me. I hate tests, I never get a hundred percent, always one or two wrong. It bothers me so much.

"Yeah, yeah I know you guys hate it but it's required. So anyway, you guys better get studying." He says before returning back to his paperwork. I take out my English textbook and begin to study.

***

Niall's POV

Can't. Study. Anymore. Must. Rest.

Closing my book, I look to my right. Claire is still reading the textbook as she skims through the page before turning to the next. I rip pieces of paper and toss it to Claire, hoping to get her attention. She doesn't flinch at the pieces being thrown at her but collects them after they've landed on her desk, weird. The next couple of minutes I've used up all of the paper and now I'm just looking around the classroom. A sudden movement makes me look towards Claire. She throws the pieces of paper I've thrown at her back at me. Now I'm the one covered in paper. She looks at me as she starts to laugh silently, making sure the teacher doesn't look up.

"I'll get you for that," I tell her smirking. She doesn't do anything as she still silently laughs at me.

"Sure Horan, you will," she waves off and returns to studying again. The bell soon rings as I finally put my textbook away and head out with the boys and Claire. What is it lunch right now?

"Niall where are you going?" Harry asks me as I head the opposite direction of them.

"Oh I thought it was next class," I start to walk towards them.

"It's lunch man, doesn't your stomach agree?" Liam says, my stomach grumbling in reply.

"Let's go," I walk past them and push the doors open, the silence filling the room.

Why are they always so quiet? Oh, never mind.