Chapter 99

***

Claire's POV

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe One Direction used to go here!!" One girl squeals.

"I know, I what if I get one of their lockers. I'll die!" Another shouts.

Kill me now.

I quickly pass the obnoxious girls and head to my locker, exchanging my book for another day of school.

"Hey," Chris greets me. I smile and close my locker, hugging him.

"I have to head off to class, it's upstairs." I mention him and he nods, pulling away from our hug.

"I'll see you later then," he gives me a smile, revealing a dimple. I never really noticed it until now, it reminds me of-never mind.

"Yeah, bye." The bell rings and we both part our ways.

As I head up the stairs, I get grabbed-yet again-and pulled to the side of the crowd in the stairway.

"How many times do I have to tell you? Get the fuck out of my damn life." I spat and push Logan away from me. He quickly pins my wrists against the wall and looks at me.

"I just want to talk," he says calmly. "I'll let go of your wrists if you don't run away from me." I nod and he releases my grip.

"You have a minute," I coldly say as I watch students pass by us. I'm glad they now give us ten minutes to get to class, no more running.

"I want to say I'm sorry for that way I treated you yesterday." He rubs the back of his neck while he talks.

"Oh yesterday, yeah just yesterday." I roll my eyes at him.

"And the time where I tried to have sex with you."

"Twice," I mention as I hear him sigh.

"Can we just start over?" He asks.

"Your minute is up." Brushing passed him, I head to my first class and sit down, forgetting that conversation.

He thinks he can just say sorry and were friends again? I made the mistake of forgiving him once and I'm not going to repeat it.

***

The classes that I'm taking are pure annoyance because the girls are nonstop talkers about One Direction. Honestly, just do your little fangirl session at home.

"I wonder what is Zayn's favorite color?" One asks.

It's blue. I mentally say to them as I try to pay attention to the teacher. They don't even know them, but I don't even know them.

"Gosh I want to just run my hand through their hair, it must feel so soft." The same girl says, as she stares out in awe.

You give a damn headache. My head starts to pound and I start to rub my temples.

Raising my hand, the teacher calls on me.

"Can I go to the nurses office?" I ask, getting stares from the class. "I have a headache."

"Alright," she says with no emotion as I pack my stuff and head out.

As I head downstairs, the halls are empty except for one person. As the person came closer, I know that it's a guy, he looks familiar. His hair is dark, and styles into a quiff, and he's wearing a plain black shirt and blue jeans, with boots.

The guy comes closer and looks up, the hazel eyes makes me stop in my tracks as he passes by.

"Zayn?" I call out but he doesn't turn back. My body turns around and my feet start to pick up pace to catch up to him.

"Zayn!" I place a firm grip on his shoulder and turn him around. I'm met with brown eyes-not hazel-and his hair is no longer black, but a shade of brown. His outfit is now different, he's wearing a gray shirt and black jeans, with red vans. It's Matt.

"Claire?" I shake my head and release my hand from him.

"I'm sorry," I can feel the tears welt up again as I run away from him, not looking back.

I can't believe I just did that. Zayn would never come back to Lake View. The ache in my chest is back as I enter the nurses office.

"I need to lie down," I stumble to the bed. Nurse Susan helps me lay down as examines me.

"Are you alright?" She asks, concern in her voice.

"I don't know." But by now I can feel the tears stream down my face. The thought of Zayn being back here makes me sick to my stomach, but at the same time, I just need to see him.

"You can tell me honey," she holds my hand.

"He just left me. He didn't tell me anything about X Factor and he just leaves me. He broke up with me to get famous!" My throat is sore from all the crying, my body is sore from all the emotional pain I'm going through.

"Claire," she gives me a stern look. "You don need him. It's his loss that he left you. You're a beautiful girl, don't ever forget that." I smile at her words.

"Thanks."

***

"I really like hanging out with you." I tell Chris as I swing my legs over his lap, laying down on the couch.

After we finished our homework, and eat pizza, we decide to watch a movie.

He chuckles and puts his hands on my legs. "Me too."

"So," he trails off. "Have you ever tired to call him?" I sit up against the armrest and look at him.

"No. I'm afraid." Memories of Zayn flow into my mind.

"Afraid of what?" I sit up and crisscross my legs on the couch.

I take a deep breath before I answer. "I'm afraid that when I hear his voice, I'll break down all over again."

"You don't want to at least try?" My subconscious is telling me to try for once.

"I'll try." I say and pull my phone out.