Chapter 75

Louis' POV

"Liam whats wrong?" I ask him when I reach Claire's door, but he pulls me in and shuts the door. He looks terrible, his hair is a mess, and he's been crying. And I look to see Claire, on the floor, her thoughts are lost.

"What did you do?" I look at him and he starts crying into my shoulder.

"I-I h-hit her." He confesses and looks at me.

"Sit on the couch." Liam listens to me and heads into the living room.

"Claire?" I crouch in front of her and wait for a response.

Nothing.

I touch her cheek and she flinches, but doesn't pull away. Examining her cheeks, one side has a dark bruise of Liam's hand print.

"H-He hit me," she whispers to me and I look at her.

"I know, he didn't mean to," I assure her and she looks up at me.

"I'm not safe around him anymore," she says and holds my hand, a shock of electricity shoots through my body.

"Claire, he's still your friend."

"No." She simply states.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Her eyes light up a bit and she looks into my eyes, nodding. Liam is going to kill me.

"Liam loves you Claire." Claire's expression falls and shakes her head.

"If he loves me, why did he hit me?"

"Sometimes love can fuck your emotions up," I joke and I hear her laugh softly.

"I'm sorry Louis."

"Why are you apologizing?" I want to kiss her so damn bad.

"I want to hang out with you guys more often, I want to laugh, make jokes with you. I miss you." I can feel my heart swell at her words.

"I-I miss you too," I hug her. "I love you," the words slip out, and I don't care at this point.

"I love you too." Claire whispers to me and I pull away.

"Lets hang out with Liam shall we?" She nods and I help her up, leading her to the couch.

Liam's POV

"Liam?" I hear Claire's soft voice calls out and I feel the couch dip. Her almost fragile frame leans into me, her arms wrap around my body.

"I'm sorry Claire, I'm so sorry." I start sobbing and she leans in, kissing my tears away.

"I forgive you," she says.

Me and Louis spend the night watching movies with Claire until ten, and that's when we had to leave. She said she was fine and that she's happy now that we've made up.

***

Zayn's POV

"Babe? What's that on your cheek?" I cup Claire's cheek and she flinches in pain.

"I fell down," she pulls away and takes a bite out of her food.

"Let me see," I softly demand her and she obliges, turning her face. A hand print bruise is clear and her cheek, someone slapped her.

"It's nothing Zayn," she says and looks toward Liam, who quickly looks away from her.

"Liam," he looks up, "do you know who hit her?"

"Zayn," Claire squeezes my hand. My thoughts gather and I realize.

"You hit Claire." Liam looks at me.

"I-I didn't meant to, i-it was an accident," he stutters. My anger rushes over my body as I stand up from the table and grab Liam's collar, pulling him over the table and dragging him outside to the benches.

"You fucking hit Claire," I shove him back and he places a hand to distance us, "you hit my girlfriend!" I hear students pile around us, enclosing us.

"Zayn, I'm telling you I didn't mean to!" Liam shouts. My fist collides with his jaw and he stumbles back.

"Zayn!" I hear Claire call for me and I turn around. She's coming toward me and pulls me away, but I shrug her off.

"Stay back," I can hear my breathing as Liam stands back up.

"Don't make me do this," Liam says as he puts his arms up, a boxing position.

"Stop fighting!" Claire pleads, but I don't listen.

"Hell, I want to see you fight," I put my arms up but I quickly feel someone pin my right arm behind my back, causing me pain.

"W-hat?" I can't see behind me.

"Everyone clear out!" Harry shouts and the students run.

"Just stop," I hear Claire say behind me. She's the one pinning me.

"Babe, why are you-"

"You're trying to fight Liam, Zayn," she says and lets go of me and walks over to Liam.

"You little-"

"Zayn," Louis warns me and I zip my mouth shut. After she talks to Liam, she walks over to me and locks lips. I immediately calm down and move my lips in sync with hers. A moan elicits from the back of my throat when I feel her bite my bottom lip, pulling it back and releasing it.

"Fuck that was hot," I breath out. She tilts my head to examine the love bites that she left me.

"Say sorry," she demands. What?

"No," I shake my head and look at Liam, who's rubbing his jaw.

She pulls me in for another kiss, this time, she slips her tongue in my mouth and I can't help but moan again. But the kiss doesn't last long and she pulls away, bitting her lip.

"Please?" She batts her eyelashes at me. Dammit.

"Liam," he cautiously walks over to me and waits. "I'm sorry that I hit you. I'm just really protective."

"It's alright, as long as you don't do it again." He says and I nod. The rest of the boys go to class and Claire starts walking away from me, but I grab her and pull her face to mine.

"You're being such a tease today Claire," I tell her and she laughs.

"That I am," and she pulls out of my grip and runs away from me.

I can't stop loving her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

From this chapter on, things between Claire and Zayn are a bit more... heated. Not like the frickle frackle, just kissing and stuff.

3k reads?! That's amazing! Absolutely shocked at this point. You guys keep sharing my story, get the word out!

Vote and comment guys bc I love you all.

True stuff man.

-smileforzayn