Chapter 14

Harry's POV

When I wake up, I glance at my phone, seeing that it's 6:59.

Oh no. My alarm.

I try to open the clock app but it's too late as my alarm blares, causing me to jump. Groaning, I quickly pressing the 'ok' option and exit out of the app.

It's Wednesday today, that means instead of leaving school at 2pm, we leave at 1pm, and two more days till the weekend.

Slowly getting out of bed, I almost tripping over a pile of my clothes.

I really need to clean. Haha that's really funny, me cleaning. Dude, stop talking to yourself. My subconscious orders me.

Ignoring the thoughts, I take a shower and wrap the towel around my waist when I'm finished.

Wearing just a white shirt and black jeans, I dry my hair and walk downstairs to the kitchen. I see my mum sitting at the dining table, sipping her coffee.

"Good morning Harry." She greets me warmly, smiling.

"Morning mum." I greet her back, giving her a kiss on the forehead. Grabbing a muffin from the table, I begin to eat it as I look the time on my phone, seeing that it's 7:30am.

Guess I better leave.

"I'm leaving." I state, grabbing my bag as I slip my black converse on.

"Okay, bye Harry." Her voice lingers as I exit the house.

"Bye," I mumble, closing the door. Heading to my car, I turn on my engine and drive off to school.

Arriving at school, I can't help but roll my eyes.

I hate being here already, all these boring classes and annoying people is the definition of Lake View. But there's pretty much only one reason why I like school, I get to hang out with my four best friends.

The bell rings as soon as I walk through the front doors of the school as I groan. I'm going to be late to my first class, again. Heading to my first class which was English, I spot Zayn. Walking over him, I take a seat next to him.

"Hey," I greet him, seeing him nod in return. I see Niall sitting in the front of Zayn, Liam siting in front of me, and Louis sitting on the other side of Zayn.

A couple minutes after the bell rings Claire rushes in, seeing her hand a note to the teacher. The teacher nods as she quickly takes a seat in the middle of the class and brings put her notebook.

I'm not really into taking notes so I take my phone out, and start to listen to music.

Claire's POV

I quickly start to write the words on the board, my hand cramping up in the process, but I keep writing. When I'm finished writing I look at my hand, seeing the lead that rubbed off of my notebook, shaded the right side of my left hand.

People say that people that are left handed are creative and outgoing, but I think that's a lie because I'm the total opposite.

Forgetting that it's a short day, the bell rings for recess. Quickly packing my things, I headed to my locker. As I walked over to my locker, I'm being pushed by the people walking the other way. Of course not noticing where I was walking, I trip over my own foot.

Crap.

Slowly getting back up, I pick up my bag, and continue towards my locker. After putting my books in my locker--taking the ones that I need for next class--I head over to the one place that's always peaceful, the library.

The library has always been my getaway from school, when I have a bad day or try to avoid people, the library is always my first place to go to.

Opening the door, the first thing I see is books. Smiling at the thought that almost no one goes here but me, I pass the front desk where the librarian sits, she nods and smiles at me, and I reply back with the same gesture. Sitting at a table and put my earphones in, I begin listening to my music.

She doesn't mind that I have my phone out, just as long at the room is quiet. Shutting my eyes, I take in the lyrics that are speaking to me, how the beat goes, my mind at ease, seeing nothing but darkness.

Louis' POV

I decide to head to the library to look up some facts on California before class starts.

As I walk in, the librarian shoots me a smile and I smile back. She mouths 'stay quiet', and I nod before heading towards the shelves. Quickly skimming over each shelf, I find what I need.

Facts about California, the cover reads, which it seems pretty straightforward. Heading out of the books area, I sit at a table, opening the book as I start to read. Glancing up from the book, I see no one else but me, the librarian, and another student with her head down.

Wonder who that could be?

When the bell rings, the girl sleepily lifts her head up and scans the room, her eyes locking on me.

It's Claire.

Her eyes flash with fear as her lip starts to tremble, picking her bag up as she leaves, smiling at the librarian before heading out.

I quickly grab my bag and head over to the front desk, sliding the book over to her. She stamps it, before handing it back to me.

"Looks like you really upset her." She gives me a sympathetic look.

I mumble an "I know," before leaving the library, walking to my next class.

Claire's POV

Why was Louis at the library? It's highly unusual to he him there. And he was reading. What? My mind must be really tired after that 15 minute nap I had.

Arriving at History, I take my sisal seat in the middle. The teacher starts handing out a worksheet as I take a pencil out, finishing the work in no time. Handing it back to the teacher, I shoot a smile before heading back to my seat.

***

It is now lunch as I head over to my usual--empty--table and sit down. I take out my apple that I brought for lunch and my sketchbook, flipping through the pages until I find the drawing that I'm looking for.

It's five blades scattered over the page, big and small, and they have words on them, names to be exact. I stare at the page until I feel a presence in front of me.

Looking up, I see Louis sitting in front of me, along with his other friends behind him.

What the heck?

They're all staring at me as Louis coughs, to catch my attention.

"So just confirming that I'll be at your house today after school right?" He asks me.

I thought he was just kidding about coming over to my house.

"Y-Yeah." I tell him, ripping my gaze from his eyes as I put my sketchbook in my bag, avoiding eye contact. I mentally curse as I realize I just stuttered again.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you?" He says, a bit hesitant.

"S-Sure." I tell him, making the mistake of still not looking at him.

"Look at me when you speak." He sternly says. Looking up, I build the courage and part my lips to speak.

"Sure." I repeat, looking at him in the eyes, feeling something lift off my shoulders.

He looks at me, shocked, as his mouth gapes open to say something, but Zayn taps him on the shoulder. Zayn whispers something to Louis as he stands up, and walks over to their table, with the other boys following him.

What was that about?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N

Hi guys. I finally figured out my upload dates. Okay, so I'm going to upload chapters during the week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) and I will spent the weekends writing chapters. I hope you liked chapter 14.

Vote, comment, share