Chapter 36

Niall's POV

The morning light shines in the room when I wake, the cold floor touching my feet as I stand. I head into the kitchen where I see Claire, sipping a cup of tea as she looks out the kitchen window. Sitting next to her, she turns slightly and gives me a warm smile.

"Good morning." She sips the drink.

"Good morning." I say back to her. "You know it's Sunday, the last day of spring break." I mention her. She slowly closes her eyes and opens them again.

"Yeah, I've been thinking about that ever since I woke up." She continues to stare out the window, watching the grayish blue sky. "I wonder what it's going to be like when we go back go school tomorrow."

"Why? Wouldn't it be the same?" Only one major thing happened this break, Claire becoming our friend, best friend actually, and it changed everything.

"Well I'm still going to be the invisible girl of the school." She cups the mug in her hands, seeing that there's still steam coming from the tea.

"What does it feel like? To be the most popular boys of the school?" Before I can answer she continues.

"It must feel great, because everyone knows that you guys run the school even though you guys are sophomores. People step out of your way, the room quiets when you walk in. You guys have power." I'm taken back at what she has said, I never knew that she felt that way.

"I never really thought of us that way. It's weird, we didn't really do anything to become popular or what you think. Strange how our school plays out."

"Yeah it is." She laughs a little before putting her mug into the sink and walking into the living room.

Following her, I sit next to her on the couch and watch the boys wake up. It takes no longer than ten minutes before the boys start to awake, it's 11:30am right now.

"Morning guys." She smiles at them, earning a sleepy smile back. Louis sits next to Claire and puts his head on her shoulder.

"Morning." He smiles. Claire pushes him away and pinches her nose.

"Brush your teeth Louis, it's gross." She says, her voice higher than usual.

Louis chuckles before grabbing his toothbrush and heading upstairs as everyone is sits on the couches, watching the Tv screen as the show plays, which is the only thing that we hear is the Tv.

"What time are you guys going to leave?" She pipes up, our heads snap towards her as she looks at us nervously for some reason.

"Before it gets dark." Harry says. I'm guessing that he'll ask for a ride home.

"Mind giving me a ride home though?" He asks Liam, I know I spoke too soon.

"Yeah it's fine, I have nothing better to do anyway." Liam tells him as the rest of the boys start to ask for a ride home, including me. He says yes as he sighs tiredly.

He would always be the one in charge, wether it's a group project or a small argument.

I have to admit that we have gotten into fights at school, but it wasn't anything serious, it was more like one person disagrees with the other person and then they get mad, that turns toward fighting. Yeah, the fights at school are stupid but yet fun to watch.

Liam's POV

I have no problem dropping the boys off, but I wonder if Claire wants to come with us.

There was no space when we all piled in for the party. Gosh that party was horrible.

"Hey, do you want to come with us when I drop the boys off?" I ask Claire.