Chapter 22

Niall's POV

As I walk to Liam's house, I can almost hear the pizza screaming my name. The pizza is waiting for me.

I head to his front door and knock on it, seeing Liam when he opens the door. We greet each other as I enter the house, and head straight into the kitchen. I look everywhere, and there's no pizza in sight.

"Where's the pizza?" I ask him, looking through his fridge.

"I'm going order it when everyone's here." He laughs, seeing my sad face.

"Dammit you could've told me that." I groan in annoyance. I really wanted pizza.

Grabbing a bag of chips, I start eating it as we both walk over to the couch. I quickly finish the bag and throw it away and I head back over to the fridge to take a bottle of water. Walking back over to the couch, I sit down, and start to grow bored.

"Liam I'm bored." I whine to him.

"What do you want to do then?" He asks me. My eyes instinctively land on the Xbox connected to the Tv as I nudge him and point to it. He smirks at me as he turns it on.

"It's Call Of Duty." He tells me.

I am going to kill him, in the game of course.

He hands me a controller and we begin to play.

***

Twenty kills and fifteen deaths later, I lose to Liam, who is now jumping in excitement.

"I'm the winner, and you're the loser." He sings to me. I throw a pillow at his face as I roll my eyes.

"Shut up man." I pout at him.

"Aww you're just sad because you lost." He coos as I shove him. He places a hand over his chest like he's hurt as we both look at each other and burst out laughing. My stomach is starting to hurt.

"I. Can't. Stop. Laughing." I giggle, clutching my stomach.

"Me. Too." He holds his stomach also.

Our laughter starts to die down when we hear a knock at the door. Liam stands up from the couch and heads toward the door.

Harry's POV

I approached the door along with Zayn and Louis. I'm glad that we all live close to each other, more time to hang out.

We hear laughter coming from inside the house as we all looked at each other confusingly. The door opens and Liam is standing there, giggling.

"What's so funny?" I ask him. He looks at all of us and bursts out laughing, running to the couch where Niall is. We all walk inside and head to the couch, seeing Liam and Niall rolling around laughing.

"Why are you guys laughing?" Louis asks.

"We. Don't. Know." They both try to say. We all sit on the couch and squish the both of them, causing them to stop laughing as they push us off of them.

"Okay, okay," Niall says.

"I have to pee." Liam says as he heads up the stairs. "Niall don't eat all the food." He shouts when he reaches the top.

"I'll try not to." Niall shouts back. I don't really know what to do at this point so I just stare at the Tv.

Liam's POV

Let's do this, time to bring her out. I knock on my door and she opens it a crack.

"It's just me," I tell her. She opens the door as I see the scared expression on her face. "Calm down, you're going to be fine." I assure her. She loosens up and gives me a nod as we both head downstairs, and walk into the living room. They all have their heads facing the Tv and not at us and I don't think they heard us walk in.

Louis' POV

My eyes are focused on the Tv when I hear someone cough. I turn around to see...Liam and Claire? Wait, what? What is she doing here?

"What is she doing here?" Zayn asks, speaking my mind.

"Well, she should tell you herself." Liam motions to Claire, seeing her afraid look on her face right now.

"Why the f.uck did you bring her here? She's not even our friend, she's not even your friend." Harry grimaces at her presence.

"Actually, she is my friend." Liam says calmly. "And let her talk."

"Do you guys know what you do to me?" She asks, but we all stay silent.

"You guys have been my nightmare ever since I stepped foot on the campus. The nonstop torture every single day of school. I'm terrified of everything, walking to my classes, lunch, weekends. You guys are the reason." She lifts her sleeves up to reveal the scars. We all widen our eyes, seeing her scars.

"You guys are the reason I cut. All this pain you caused me, I can't even sleep without thinking of what you're going to do to me next. You make me feel like I'm nothing, I'm like a toy. I'm unwanted by everyone around me, I have nothing. The release I get from cutting is pleasurable. I'm broken, torn to pieces, on the brink of breaking down, tired. I'm tired of all of this, I'm just tired. And to think." She stares at us. "I thought I was going to have the best high school year ever." She starts laughing hysterically before tears ran down her face.

"I hope you guys got what you wanted from me." She softly says and she runs upstairs.

"What the f.uck was that?" Niall asks, slightly frustrated.

"That was her side of her life." He sighs and heads upstairs.

We stare at each other trying to tie all the pieces together. We pushed her to the point where she cuts. I'm broken, rings in my head. Torn to pieces, rings another. Tired, she's tired, she fought to keep everything together and we keep breaking her down.

Niall's POV

I can feel the heaviness in my chest, my palms are sweaty, my vision is blurry; I'm crying. I quickly wipe my eyes and look at Louis, Zayn, and Harry, they're all in deep thought right now.

I never knew Claire felt that way towards us, I have no words for what she said to us. She needs friends, and I can be her friend. Now that I think of it, bullying her was a stupid idea, I'm in fucking high school right now. I'm done bullying her.

Liam's POV

I walk into my room and she's nowhere to be seen. I knock on the bathroom door and I hear sobbing.

"Claire, open up." I say to her. The door knob clicks and she comes out, her eyes are red and puffy, cheeks pink and shiny with her tears. "You did great."

"I don't feel great." She walks over to my bed and lays down.

"Well you did it. You told them the truth." I point out.

"For what cause?"

"They should know what they've done to you. And now they know. They will stop bullying you for good." I pull her into a hug as she wraps her arms around my chest; I begin to hum.

"We should head downstairs," she mumbles as I nod. We both get up and start to walk down.