Chapter 98

***

Claire's POV

My first day back at Lake View and the first thing I hear are screams. Not the horror movie screams, but girl screams. The halls are filled with a bunch of freshmen, lost and confused to the new campus.

As I make my way to my locker, I hear girls shouting. "Did you see their performance?!" And "I'm their number one fan!"

Gosh they're annoying.

But I already know what they're talking about. Two words for you.

One Direction.

Turns out that they're getting bigger, to the point where almost the whole school knows about them, heck the whole town knows. I honestly try to shut them out of my life for now, I guess, so I can focus on my school work.

After rolling my eyes at them, I open my locker and grab my books. Sensing a presence behind me, I quickly turn around and punch the person in the stomach.

"Claire why'd you do that?" I later find out that it's Chris.

Quickly helping him up, I laugh at him. "Don't ever sneak up on me like that. You know I get scared easily." He puts a pained smile on his face and hugs me.

"Sorry, I wish Liam have me boxing lessons." He jokes but quickly goes silent. "I didn't mean to."

"I'm fine Chris." I assure him, but I can feel myself tense when he said his name.

I'm still not over the fact that they lied to me, nor my breakup with him.

"Hey," he snaps me out of my thoughts. "I'll walk you to class."

***

I honestly don't even know what I did in the classes I went to, I zoned out through all of them.

And here I am, standing next to the table where I ate with the guys. Empty, and alone, I sit down and take out my lunch, and begin eating. Eyes are all on me as I eat, students murmuring as they whisper to each other. It doesn't take long before Chris sits next to me, and someone speaks up.

"Where's your five fuck buddies Claire?" I hear no other than Sabrina. "Oh yeah, they left you so they could actually do something in their lives." Laughter erupts throughout the room but I'm not phased my her insult at all.

"Oh that's a good one Sabrina," I laugh along with the others. "But I think you should return to sucking Matt's cock, or dying your filthy red hair." A bunch of oo's erupt and she snaps. She walks up to my table and slams her hands, creating a loud 'boom' that echoes through out the room.

"You can't fucking talk to me like that," she spats, but I remain calm.

"And you can? That's not fair, but you don't know what's fair right? Why don't you return to sitting down on your table, and drool over you little manwhores." Her eyes widen at my words as I smirk, taking a bite out of my lunch. It takes her a couple of seconds to collect her thoughts before she speaks.

"You little bitch," she spats and reaches for me but I step back before she can touch me.

"Don't even try, you know I can take you down in a second." I snap and she backs away, giving me a death glare.

"I hate you so much."

"The feeling is mutual," I retort back and she walks away from me.

"I can't believe you just schooled her, and it's your first day back." Chris whispers as the lunch room erupts with voices again.

"New school year, new attitude." I smile and return to my lunch.

***

School zooms by fast, and I only realize I'm at my locker when Chris stands next to me.

"You want me to drive you home?" He asks, running a hand through his brown messed hair.

"Can you?" After I put my books away, I slam my locker shut and wait for a reply.

"I would be honored to," he bows.

Laughing, I shake my head as we begin walking to his car.

Before we exit the school, someone clamps a hand over my mouth an pulls me around the corner. Realizing who it is, I elbow him in the ribs and he releases his hand.

"What the fuck?" I push him. He breathes heavily before pushing me up against the wall. Shivers run up my spine from the coldness.

"Just give me one kiss," he leans in, closing his eyes. Taking this as an opportunity, I knee him in the groin, making him stumble back.

"Logan, stop fuckin' stalking me. Gosh do you know the word 'no'? Just give it a damn rest, my life is complicated right now as I don't need some sleaze ass douchebag to fuck it up even more." I explode in his face, making him silent.

"Claire?!" Chris shouts around the corner, his footsteps growing louder. When he sees me, he sighs in relief and walks over to me.

"Are you okay?" He asks, not paying attention to Logan, who's standing in front of me.

"I'm fine. Lets go." I pull on his arm and we turn the same corner again, and leave the school.

We both walk together across the parking lot as I scan for what car he has.

"It's this one," he stops and I can feel my jaw drop to the floor. It's a white Cadillac, a damn Cadillac.

"Damn," I whisper, but he hears it and laughs.

"I know, my parents bought it for me," he mentions as he opens the passenger door for me. Blushing at his gesture, I hop in as I watch him enter the drivers seat, turning on the engine.

When he pulls up to my house, I unbuckle the seatbelt and open the car door.

"Wait," he says as I'm about to head out. Turning around to face him, I wait for him to speak.

"I was wondering if you're available for a pizza night at your place tomorrow?" He asks, his hands clutching the steering wheel.

"Yes I am, and you're invited." I smile at him.

"Thanks," I can see a blush on his cheeks, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Same to you," I shut his door and watch him drive away before heading into my house.

***

I do my usual night routine and sit up against the headboard, putting the phone to my ear as I call Chris.

We end up just talking, I have no sense of depression at all. So we end the call in about thirty minutes and get some sleep.