Chapter 29

Louis' POV

Claire wipes her eyes and leans her body against the wall. Her breathing pattern has returned to normal as she takes another sip of her water.

"I'm sorry." She apologizes to us, looking tired.

"Why are you apologizing?" Niall asks her. She just shakes her head and stands back up.

"Lets go again." She says to Liam.

Is she serious?

"I think you've done enough boxing for today." Liam tells her as we all stand up, and head upstairs to the living room. Claire heads to the bathroom as I hear the water run.

"What was that?" I ask Liam. He turns on the Tv and shrugs.

"I have no idea, she never did that before. She was mumbling words, depressing words every time she hit the bag. But one sentence she said that really scared me." He runs his fingers through his hair. "She said "I'll never be loved by anyone."' Liam finishes.

The water stops running as I hear a door open and close, we all continue to remain silent as the Tv is the only thing with sound.

But she is loved, by us, by me. She has us and she should know that.

Claire walks back into the room with pajamas and a blue T-shirt, her hair damp. She walks over to the couch and sits next to Zayn, slightly leaning towards him. I'm feeling some kind of emotion right now.

Is it sadness, anger, jealously?

Zayn scoots closer to her, wrapping an arm around her, my palms begin to moist as I wipe them on the arm rest of the couch. Liam puts in a movie and sits back down as someone rings the doorbell. Heading over to the door, I open it, seeing the pizza man holding pizzas boxes, his other hand held out.

Paying the man, he hands me the pizzas as I shut the door and put the boxes on the coffee table. Niall walks in the kitchen and grabs paper plates and sets them next to the boxes. He takes a plate and grabs two slices then sits back down. Taking slices, I give them to Zayn and Claire as they thank me. Grabbing one for myself, I sit down and begin eating.

Niall's POV

I savior the last bite of my pizza and throw away the plate, returning back to sit next to Liam, who is still watching the movie.

"I'm gonna go brush my teeth." Claire gets up from her seat and heads upstairs.

"So..." I break the awkward silence that fills the room. They all stare at me like I'm weird or something.

"I'm bored." Louis speaks up.

He's always the one to speak his mind which I find hilarious because he says the funniest things.

"So is everyone else in this room." Liam replies to Louis.

Claire walks back in and sits back in her spot. I check the time and it's 10:27pm.

I guess I should sleep.

"I think I should sleep on the floor, I've been hogging the couch lately." She stands up from the couch and takes the blankets from the closet. Louis walks over to her and takes the blankets from her hands, seeing her frown.

"It's fine" he tells her. She tries to protest but gives up as she walks back over to the couch, and sits down. Louis spreads one sheet on the floor and lays down. "Hey, do you want to hand me some pillows?" He asks Liam. Liam heads upstairs, when he comes back down he throws pillows at Louis. "Thanks."

"Guys can you go to sleep?" Claire sleepily says. Zayn gets up from his spot and lays down on the smaller couch. "Goodnight guys." She turns off the lamp.

"Goodnight" we say to her. The moonlight illuminates the room as I close my eyes.

Claire's POV

I wake up to sound of movement in the room. The sound becomes louder and I sit up, trying to see what is making the movement.

"I didn't mean to." One of the boys says softly. I stand up, the cold floor chilling my bare feet, and look over at Zayn. He's lightly snoring and laying in his stomach, his arm is draped over the couch, touching the floor. Walking over to where Liam, Niall, and Louis are, I see that the movement is coming from Louis. His legs are twitching and his arms are moving slightly. "I'm sorry." He mumbles.

"Louis." I whisper to him, slightly shake his shoulder.

"I'll make things better!" He shouts.

"Louis wake up." I shake his shoulder harder. He jolts awake, his hair is clamped to his forehead.

"What happened?" He sleepily asks. He rubs his eyes and adjusts to the darkness.

"You were having a bad dream." I explain to him. "Wait here." I stand up and head to the kitchen, I fill a cup with water and walk back to him and hand him the cup. He gulps it down and hand the cup back to me, I set it on the table and sit next to him. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask Louis. He nods his head and sits up, facing me.

"I was at school but no one was there except the boys and you." I gasp, it sounds almost like my bad dream. "You were cornered by us, you were afraid. I wanted to apologize to you but you didn't accept it. You said "All of you caused me pain, I could never be your friend." I kept telling you that I didn't mean to but you weren't listening to me; the boys were apologizing also. We all were begging and begging, until you pulled out a blade."' His hands start to shake. I place my hands on his and he calms down. "You said to us that you'd rather cut than be our friends and ran the blade across your wrist." He finishes. I hug him as he hugs back, hearing him lightly sobbing as I pull away.

"Hey," I look at him, I can still see his eyes even thought it's almost four in the morning. "Don't cry," I wipe a tear away with my thumb. "I love being friends with you guys, you always make me laugh, and we share the same interests." I tell him as he wipes the remaining tears from his cheeks. "Don't think otherwise." I assure him, we hug again as I stand up, heading back over to the couch. "Goodnight Louis." I whisper to him.

"Goodnight Claire." He whispers back. My eyes begin to feel heavy as I stare at the ceiling.