Chapter 90

***

Harry's POV

"My legs are killin' me," I groan as I step into Claire's flat, almost crumbling to floor by the ache in my legs.

The rink was so fun, and Zayn's performance was a beautiful moment for them. It was a bittersweet moment for me, I am happy for them but sad to see her so much happier with him.

"Well lets dig into that cake!" Niall says, rushing to the kitchen.

"Can we at least change first?" Louis groans with every step he takes.

"Yeah, I want to change too," Liam says, no sign of aching from the rink at all.

Niall walks out with a pained look on his face, "cake?" He asks.

"When were done changing Niall," Claire assures him, making him smile.

***

When were done changing, we all pile into the kitchen. Taking out the cake, I place it in front of Claire-who's seated at the table already.

Zayn places the candles in the cake, forming a '17' shape as she laughs.

"You know that you could've just bought the candles that are In the shape of numbers right?" She mentions.

"What's the fun in that?" I ask back. She shrugs as Liam lights the candles and Louis dims the lights.

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to Claire

She smiles and laughs.

Happy birthday to you

We all watch her close her eyes and blow out the candles, a wild smile appears on her face as she reopens her eyes.

"Thanks guys. For everything." Her smile doesn't fade away. Niall dips his finger in the cake and smears it on Claire's face, making her squeal.

"You did not just do that Niall," she says, her voice sounds threatening.

"Oh but I did," he smirks. Another finger is dipped in the cake and now smears on Niall's face.

"Shit," he curses as he wipes his face, eating the icing right after. "This is really good Harry."

"Well that's not really my intention on eating it, but that'll do." I laugh as Claire starts eating the icing on her face also.

"This is really good," she smiles.

"It's not fair that we are the only people covered in icing," Niall says as she and him take a handful of the cake, running towards the guys.

"No!" I run away after Niall and Claire smear cake on Liam, Louis, and Zayn. Locking myself in the bathroom, I listen for footsteps. To my luck, footsteps erupt and I see a shadow behind the door.

"Harry it's just me, Liam," I hear Liam say and I sigh, unlocking the door. Liam pulls me out, only to plant my face in icing.

"Dammit Liam." I wipe my eyes to see him laughing at me as we head downstairs.

"So I see that you got Harry, Liam," Claire laughs as she takes a bite out of a slice of cake. "You can still grab, Niall didn't eat all of it yet."

"Whatever Claire," Niall rolls his eyes and eats his slice.

After I grab a slice, I head back into the living room and eat with them.

Claire's POV

"Are guys going to stay?" I ask. We've all finished eating by now, plus we're clean from icing, and we're just talking.

"Well, I have to head back home, my mum has been bugging me about it." Niall says, rubbing his stomach.

"Same here, she was threatening me about coming here and dragging me out of your house." I laugh at Harry as he smiles, his dimple showing. Liam and Louis also had to leave, their parents, pretty much. I don't blame them, they've been here for a long time, but I don't mind the company.

"Yeah actually I have to head home right now," Louis says, grabbing his duffle. I glance over at the clock and it reads, 9:30pm.

"Okay." I walk him out. He pulls me in for a warm hug, that lasts longer than usual.

"What's wrong Louis?" I ask when we pull away. He shakes his head and looks up for a bit before returning.

"I'm just, really going to miss you," he laughs a bit.

"I'm alway going to be here Louis, you can always visit me." I tell him. What's wrong with him?

"Right," he opens the door, "I'll see you."

"Bye." I watch him walk out and start heading home.

After saying my goodbyes to the rest of the boys-except Zayn, who's staying till tomorrow-me and Zayn head to my bedroom. Like Louis, their hugs lasted longer than usual and it looked like they were sad.

Changing into Zayn's shirt and some pajama shorts, I climb into bed and lay my head on his chest.

"I want you to meet my parents tomorrow." My head shoots up and I look at him.

"What?" I haven't turned off the lights yet so I can clearly see his hazel eyes.

"You're going to meet my parents, tomorrow night." He bluntly says.

"Are you serious?" He shakes his head. My heart starts to race and my mind starts to create scenarios.

What if his mom doesn't like me? What if I stink? What if I collapse when I meet her? What if I say the wrong thing?

"Claire," he locks hands with me. "Calm down, my mum won't judge you okay?" His words instantly calm me down as he turns off the lights, snuggling towards me.

"Zayn?"

"Hmm?" His chest vibrates.

"Is there something wrong with the boys?" His body tenses for a quick second before calming down.

"I would be sad if I had to leave you Claire," he says. "Now let's get some sleep shall we?"

I sigh and pull the covers over our bodies. "Yeah, goodnight Zayn."

"Goodnight Claire," he kisses my forehead before he settles in.

A couple minutes later I hear his snores and I smile.

Best birthday ever.