Back to Hogwarts

I was woken by the call of Remus. I rolled out of bed and rubbed my eyes. It is the last week of the summer holidays. As I push back my curtains I memorise my memories of this place. The bustling city beyond my window, the cat from next door. I turned around to my bedroom; most things were in box’s. Since Remus left his job at Hogwarts he has been desolate, but one day in the holidays he got a visitor. I’m not sure who it was exactly but he was from something called the Order of the phoenix. He came to offer Remus a place in it. Remus was hesitant at first but he accepted. This new job means he will be travelling a lot and he could not keep up the house so he decided to sell it. All of my stuff will be put in my safe at Gringots, I don’t know why in a bank but it doesn’t really matter to me. The house was being sold today and Remus’s job required him tomorrow. Luckily Molly and Arthur Weasley were happy to take me in for a week. They had grown used to me being around in the holidays because I visited and stayed so often, Percy said I was as mischievous as Fred and George. I put on some clothes I left out and made my way downstairs. The house was so empty, everything was in boxes. By the fireplace was my trunk with the shiny Hogwarts logo. Midnight my owl was already at the Burrow along with my school books. All that was left was me, my trunk and my wand. Remus stood next to the trunk with a pot of flu powder.

“All set?” He asked with a grin. His hair for once was combed and tidy and he wore his usual brown suit with his little brown cloak. His scars were healed in three big swipes across his face, from my father.

“Yep.” I replied. Remus hauled my trunk into the fireplace and returned to face me. “I will miss you.” I said hugging him.

“You have been away from me before, why miss me now?” He laughed as he squeezed me. I pulled back and gave a smile.

“Just be safe okay?” I told him watching him nod in response. He held the pot of flu powder in front of me and I took a hand full. I walked into the fireplace and held on to my trunk with my free hand.

“Now have you got everything? Wand, robes, and brain?” He asked. I gave a weak smile.

“Yes” I moaned.

“Right then, have a good time. Say hi to Molly and Arthur for me. And oh, don’t get into any more trouble at school.” He laughed. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Bye then.” I beamed at him. I smiled because I hated flu powder, it made me sick. I cleared my throat and held out the hand full of flu powder. “Weasley Burrow.” I said in a loud clear voice and opened my hand. As a flash of green surrounded me I smiled at the already smiling Remus. Travelling by flu powder only takes a few seconds but my stomach churns. As the flash of green returned I found myself in the cosy surroundings of the Burrow. I heard the clutter of plates coming from the near by kitchen as I stepped out from the fireplace. The Burrow was so warm and welcoming and the smells coming from the kitchen were delightful. I reached back into the fireplace and pulled out my trunk. As my face returned to the living room I was greeted by the face of Mrs Weasley.

“Oh hello dear, I nearly forgot you were coming.” She smiled at me. The woman always did smile at me; she was always welcoming to anyone. Her tone was always sweet when she spoke to anyone but her family. As she called up the stairs her voice became loud and booming. “Fred, George, get down here. Electra’s here!” She shouted up the crooked winding stairs. She returned her face to me and smiled. “They will be down in a minute dear. Would you like something to drink?” She asked kindly.

“Thank you I am fine Mrs Weasley.” I said and returned the smile. As she returned to the kitchen and resumed the clattering of dishes the sound of clambering footsteps echoed the stairs.

“Hey Electra, come on up” Said George as he leaned over the banister. He was joined by Fred.

“Hi, we have so much to show you.” Said Fred. They both tried to go back up stairs until the voice of there mother boomed from the kitchen.