Sorry.

“Hey there.” a voice said comfortingly beside me. I sniffed and lifted my head to see George sitting next to me. I was surprised he was here when Fred was in there.

“You look terrible.” I said wiping a tear from my eye.

“You are one to talk.” He laughed wrapping his arm around me. I was a perfect fit in his side as I slide into it. I rested my head on his shoulder as his other arm wrapped around me completely. Tears immediately began to fill in the brims of my eyes. George was the only thing I have left. I felt him kiss the top of my head and leave his head there to also rest. “Percy told us what you did for Fred when he…died. Thank you.” He went quite and I could feel his stomach recoiling from holding in tears. I removed myself from his side and turned to face him.

“I could not leave him.” I said letting a tear fall from my eye. Georges face was kind and sympathetic. He had a small smile on his face, the first smile I had seen in hours. He wiped away my tear with the back of his finger. His finger then moved to my chin pushing it up gently. One touch from him stopped my tears and sent shivers down my spine. As he pushed further up our lips met. This kiss was gentler more caring than the other passionate kiss. There was no tongue just our soft lips doing the work. I felt like I was in another world with George. It was peaceful and quite and no war, no death. As we broke the kiss I buried my head back into George’s shoulder and hugged him.

“We have to be strong, just to get us through this battle. We can mourn them later, once the battle is over.” He soothed into my ear. I wanted to believe him, I tried to believe him but I was already mourning and grieving. I nodded gently and looked back into his eyes. I could tell they were sad, I had never seen them so void of any happiness. As we sat there many students and teachers rushed passed us. Among them I spotted a small blue haired friend.

“Rainey! What is it?” I called out. She squeezed through the crowd and finally made it to the stairs.

“Electra it is so good to see you. It’s Voldermort and his deatheaters they are coming into the courtyard carrying something.” she said hugging me. She got up and signalled we should come to. George stood up and pulled me up by my hands. We walked into the courtyard, hand in hand looking at the closing group of deatheaters. My heart and body froze as I saw the tall snake like figure at the front of the group. Next to him surrounded by deatheaters was Hagrid and he was carrying a body but I could not see who. As they came into the courtyard it was visible who it was. Georges grip on my hand tightened.

“Harry!” Ginny cried out running towards him only to be held back by her father. I closed my eyes, not Harry. He was the only thing that people were willing to fight for, our inspiration. He was my God brother. He was the only one who could end this suffering. “Harry Potter is dead!” The slithering tones of Voldermort shouted out. His evil maniacal laugh echoed the silent grieving courtyard. The hundreds of death eaters who stood behind him repeated his laugh at his request. “And now it is the time to declare yourself, come forward and join us…or die.” I could feel my breath becoming scarce again as I tucked myself more into the side of George. I noticed Bellatrix jumping up upon a rock laughing at us all. I wanted to kill her right now. His proposal was followed by silence. Everyone stared at him blankly. The silence was interrupted by Malfoy.

“Draco!” He whispered harshly. We all turned to see Draco Malfoy looking as distraught as the rest of us. He was cover in dirt and his white hair was swept to the side. Even his black suit and roll neck looked tattered. I know I had pranked him most of my time here but now I felt sorry for him. I could see the fear in his eyes and the reluctance in his body.

“Draco come.” His mother said more gently holding out her hand. We all watched as Draco slowly made his way to his parents on the other side. As he reached them they walked away to the back. Slowly hopping Neville came out approaching Voldermort clutching the sorting hat. My heart dropped as I thought he was surrendering.