Coward.

I woke up the following morning to utter silence. I knew the boys were going to the Burrow to see their family, the ministry would get suspicious if they did not. It was passed ten o’clock and usually I could smell breakfast by now, being made by Tonks or Remus. Curious I climbed out of bed and went down stairs. The sunlight was burning bright and hot through the windows. The kitchen door was slightly ajar so I pushed it open and walked in. Tonks was sitting in a chair staring blankly at a letter on the table. She was paler than usual and was shaking furiously. Her hair was a faded brown and she looked like she had been crying. I instantly ran over to her and kneeled in front of her, taking her hands into mine. I gently rubbed circles with my thumbs on the backs of her hands. She stared into space, dried tears on her pale cheeks.

“Tonks what is it? Are you okay, is it the baby?” I asked urgently. She shook her head and continued to stare emotionlessly at the wall. “Where is Remus?” I asked wanting to go and get him.

“He's gone.” She replied morosely, her eyes still not fixed on any point.

“Gone? Gone where?” I was confused I did not think he was going anywhere today.

“He left.” Tears now brimming in her eyes. I was listening to what she was saying but I could not believe it, I must have misunderstood.

“What do you mean left?” I repeated, trying to understand. Her eyes moved on me and her shaking increased. A tear dropped quickly down her cheek and fell to the floor.

“He left us, for good.” She cried out. She buried her head into her hands and sobbed. I hated to see her like this. I noticed the letter on the table and decided to read it for a better understanding of what was going on.

Tonks,

I love you, I just want you to know that I do, really do love you. I am going, I should never have married you, and I should never have had a child with you. I have made you both outcasts. And I have ruined my unborn child’s life, if he is a werewolf, I have made to many mistakes. I am sorry and I hope you can forgive me.

Remus.   

I stared blankly at the letter. I never thought Remus would do this. His letter was so harsh and hateful. I felt like giving him a piece of my mind. I stood up fast throwing the letter back down on the table.

“Electra where are you going?” Tonks sobbed. Her eyes were watery and pleading, I knew she did not want me to go after him. I knelt back down and hugged her as she cried into my shoulder.

“I need to find him and give him what he deserves.” I spat out. I was so angry with him right now.

“Don’t, he is not worth it.” She said sniffing. I stroked the back of her head.

“I have to, he has to pay. Go to bed, the stress is not good for the baby.” I soothed in her ear. I looked at her face and wiped away some hair. She nodded gently and I helped her to her bed. As I stormed down the stairs I bashed into the twins. George held me at arms length.

“What is it?” he asked concerned.

“Remus has taken off leaving Tonks for good. I am going to find him and I am going to kill him.” I shouted. I rushed passed them and out of the door. They followed me confused.

“What? He wouldn’t.” Fred stated. I huffed loudly.

“Well he has.” I replied bitterly.

“Well you won't get very far like that, we saw him about an hour ago, looking for Harry. We can disapperated you there.” George said, looking equally as angry as I was. I nodded and George grabbed my arm. We apperated in a small room, I did not recognise it. It was full of radios and all on different frequencies. At a desk was Mr Weasley.

“What are you doing here? Do you know how dangerous it is?” He whispered as he rushed over to me.

“Where is Remus I need him now.” I whispered in a harsh tone of voice.

“Please Dad we need it.” George pleaded with his father. He looked confused but he obliged me. 

“He went to cliff Hannah.” He whispered very quietly like he was being watched. I nodded and we apperated to a breezy cliff. It was deserted except for a distant white tent. I stumbled over some rocks and stormed into the tent. It was bigger on the inside than on the outside. Ron and Hermione were sitting on the bed and Harry and Remus were sitting next to the dinner table. They both stood up at the sight of me.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” I spat at Remus, I was furious.

“Electra what are you doing here? Don’t shout at him, he has done nothing wrong.” Harry said trying to reason with me. I looked at him with disgrace.

“Oh really, he has just left his wife and unborn child for good.” I replied bitterly. Harry looked shocked and turned to Remus.

“Lupin?” He asked stunned.

“Electra, listen to me.” Remus said standing up and walking towards me calmly. I was so angry I just snapped.

“No you listen to me Remus Lupin, for once!” I screamed at the top of my voice. The whole tent went silent and Remus stood there still. “All my life I have looked up to you. You have always been the person who has always told me to stand up and deal with my problems face on. I always believed that you were the person I wanted to be. And what are doing now? You are running away from your problems, like a coward. You left your beautiful helpless wife at home, so stressed its affecting your child, who you left. So what if it is a werewolf. Have you ever thought how hard it would be on Tonks if it is and you are not there? You are pathetic, and have you thought what if it isn’t a werewolf? You would muck up that child's life? You have not made them outcasts and she certainly does not care! You were such a pathetic man you left Tonks with a short letter saying you love her? If you ever decided to come back, she may be able to forgive you, but I will never forgive you. You make me sick!” I screamed it out in one foul swoop. Remus had never looked so shocked and ashamed in his life. I did not give him a chance to reply. I turned around leaving Harry staring at him in utter disgust. I grabbed George by the arm and dragged him out of the tent. I was breathing heavily with so much rage and disgust. My heart was racing and my blood was boiling. I can’t believe I looked up to that utter disgrace of a human being. I pelted at a rock and kicked it with as much force as I could muster. The rock bounced across the floor and tumbled quickly off the side of the cliff. The wind was picking up and I could feel it pulling back my hair. I turned around to George who was looking sorrowfully at me.

“Let’s go home.” I finally breathed. He gave a quick sympathetic smile and we apperated back to the shell cottage. It was just as we had left it, the letter on the table and Tonk’s chair pulled out. “Thanks for today.” I said hugging George.

“Any time.” He whispered as he stroked my hair. I felt calm and composed in his arms. I felt like I could let go of my problems and the world could crumble around us and I would not care. As I sank into the hug Fred came running down.

“Come quickly, Tonks is looking really sick.” He gasped. I rushed up stairs and pushed the door open. Tonks was lying across her bed; the sweat coming off of her was in the bucket loads. She was gasping for air and looked like she was in pain.

“Tonks!” I cried out as I ran to her bed side. She was not conscious, but she was aware I was there. I felt her head, it was really burning up. As soon as I touched her tummy she cried out in pain. It was the baby. “Phone for a doctor now!” I shouted at Fred.

“I have already done it. He should be here in a minute.” He replied.

“It’s going to be okay Tonks.” I whispered as I stroked her head. She was shaking. She gave another cry and I looked in horror, blood was beginning to come from her pants. “Oh God no, not the baby.” I mumbled to myself. The door burst open and the doctor rushed in. “She’s bleeding, please help her she is pregnant.” I cried. The doctor nodded furiously as he got out his equipment. I felt Fred try and pull me out of the room.

“It’s for the best.” He whispered in my ear and I agreed. I took one last look at Tonks gasping for air as I shut the door. I stumbled to a near by chair. I will never be able to forgive Remus if Tonks loses this child.