Potterwatch

It had been at least three hours since the doctor had locked me out of the room. I sat on the wooden chair biting my finger nails whilst Fred and George paced the hallway. No sounds were coming from the room, maybe a few footsteps but that was it.

“Maybe we should contact Lupin.” Fred sighed.

“What no! He made his choice. I don’t want to see him ever again.” My hatred was burning through.

“Electra, he brought you up. The man is practically your dad. I know what he did was terrible but sometime you will have to forgive him.” George said kneeling below me. I gave a small smile before snapping back to reality.

“No, he is just selfish.” I spat out. At that moment the door to Tonk’s room opened. The doctor came out with all of his stuff. I stood up expectantly.

“She is fine; some rest will do her good.” He said.   

“And the baby?” I asked. He nodded with a smile.

“The baby is fine. It was a close call but the boy is going to ok.”

“It’s a boy.” I mumbled happily to myself. “Can I see her?” I was aching to make sure she was alright by my own standards.

“Yes but she has to rest.” And with that he disapperated. I rushed into the room where Tonks was lying with her eyes closed. The doctor had cleaned off the sweat from her face and her breathing was more natural now. I sat on the side of the bed with her hand in mine. She stirred a little bit before opening her eyes. She gave a pained smile.

“Hey.” She breathed; you could tell she was tired.

“Hi you, how do you feel?” I asked.

“Oh you know, fine. The baby?” she asked again sounding breathy.

“He is fine.” I said with a big smile. A smile lit her face and she glowed.

“It’s a boy.” She repeated beginning to laugh. She placed her hand over her stomach and started to rub it. Suddenly her happy laughs turned to said tears. “I suppose you went after Remus.” she sobbed sadly. I did not feel the heart to tell her but I had to.

“Yep, I found him, with Harry.” I slowly said and with remorse. She bit her bottom lip in an attempt not to cry. As soon as I placed my arms around her to hug her she burst into tears. “Don’t worry you deserve better than him, I am here anyway and Fred and George we are all here for you.” I whispered into her ear.

“But I love him.” She cried into my shoulder. I cradled her and laid her down.

“Remember stress is not good for the baby, you need rest. And at the moment all that matters is you and the baby, forget about Remus for the time being.” I said as I walked out of the door, closing it softly behind me. I walked down to the living room where the twins sat quietly staring into space.

“Will she ok?” Fred asked as I sat down.

“Yes she will heal physically but mentally…heart brake is the hardest thing to mend.” I sighed as I snuggled next to George on the couch.

“Do you think he will come back?” George asked as he wrapped his hand around my shoulders.

“Yeah he will come back. And Tonks will forgive him, but me? I don’t know, just right now I do not know.” I wiggled tighter into George’s side. Fred got up and switched on the radio. It was a special way of communicating with out the ministry knowing. It was called Potterwatch, Fred co hosted it with Lee Jordan or should I say River, his code name. Each week there would be a different password to access the frequency. This week it was Padfoot. Fred twiddled on of the knobs and the radio began to work.