018

"What?"

"Break up with him. Save yourself the emotional troubles that most definitely will occur, and break up with him." Zayn said.

Harry immediately shook his head. "I can't, I need him."

"No you don't." Zayn scoffed.

"After all you told me that night? He's obviously making your life worse."

Harry bit his lip. "Well I know I make it sound that way but at the end of the day he's not that bad. I really care about him and he cares about me. He makes me feel good, regardless of everything else I've said."

"How does he make you feel good?" Zayn asked skeptically.

"He compliments me all the time. He gives me massages, he plays with my hair sometimes. He gives me confidence and support." Harry said.

"But he doesn't trust you, does things without telling you, and makes you question whether he loves you or not." Zayn said.

"Well...." Harry trailed off.

"Are you scared to be single?" Zayn asked.

"Yes." Harry lied.

"Being single is great. If you were single you wouldn't have to worry about him asking you a bunch of questions and not trusting you." Zayn pointed out.

"You can just do whatever you want."

"You don't understand though. I need someone. I need someone who gets me and makes me feel good and likes my jokes and likes cuddling and doesn't mind coming over just to sleep with me." Harry said.

"Louis is most of those things. I don't want to lose him."

"Fine. But don't let me see you crying over him anymore." Zayn said, giving up.

Harry frowned at him. "What?"

"Don't let me see you crying over him anymore." Zayn repeated.

"It bothers me."

"How?" Harry asked.

"It's sad! You deserve better. I-I mean anyone would." Zayn said.

Harry looked at him fondly. "Thanks."

"It's true. We all deserve someone who gets us completely." Zayn said.

"Well I'll never have that." Harry said sadly.

"Why not?" Zayn asked skeptically.

"Because nobody can get me completely if they don't know me completely. I'll have to put everything out there if I want them to understand it all." Harry said.

"True. But if you really think you love them it shouldn't be too bad. Especially not after they take every broken piece and put them together in a way you never could've imagined. Then suddenly the past is a blur and all you can see is the future. And you can't see the future without them in it. By your side the whole way." Zayn said quietly, smiling some.

Harry gazed at him, practically falling in love with his words.

"I think I'd be willing to open up for something like that." He said softly.

"Me too." Zayn said, surprising himself.

"Just have to find it." He added with a half smile.

"Yeah." Harry said, knowing that wasn't Louis.

He was wasting his time.

But he couldn't let Louis go.

He needed him.