Coffee Boy and Prosthetics [Vikklan #28]

Vikk's POV

Coffee. That's all i want right now. I've been up all night long studying for my tests in college.

"Medium drip please" I say, walking up to the counter. "Coming right up. " The lady at the desk said. I wait there for my much needed coffee.

"Hey, Hey dude" I hear someone from behind me say. I turn around on my one foot and see a tall blonde standing behind me.

"Uh, You talking to me?" I ask. "Yeah. I love your prosthetic." He smiles. I look down at my leg, my red prosthetic standing out (baddum tiss).

"Thanks" I smile. Not many people actually like it, they usually make fun of me or give me weird looks. "Here you go. That'll be 2.50." She says.

The boy who commented on my leg, sets down the money, smiling at me. "You don't have to pay for me." I comment.

"It's only 2.50. Not a big deal"He shrugs. I smile back at him. "Thank you. Have a good day" She says.

"Come sit with me, yeah?" He offers. "I can't. I gotta study for college." I frown. "Alright. I guess." He sighs.

"Here. Give me your phone." I say. He reached into his left pocket with his right hand, which confused me. I didn't say anything, maybe that's just how he does it.

I take his phone from him, entering my number. "Text me when you get home." I say, Shifting my bag on my shoulder. "Alright." He smiles.

I exit the cafe with a smile on my face. "Hey wait!" I hear him call. I turn around to see him standing out side the cafe.

"I never got your name!" He called. I smiled, trying not to be creepy. "Vikk." I answered with a smirk.

I turn around before he could say anything else, walking home.

-Time Skip-

My phone buzzes in my pocket.

Unknown Number: Hey Vikk. It's me. Coffee Boy

You: Hey.

You change their contact to 'Coffee Boy☕'

Coffee Boy☕: Really? My names Lachlan.

You: Good for you, Lachlan. You're still Coffee Boy to me.

Coffee Boy☕: Fine then, shorty

You: Hey! That's mean! I'm not that short!

Coffee Boy☕: I'm like 6'5''.

You: I'm 5'5''...

Coffee Boy☕: Shorttty

You: Ugh rude

Coffee Boy☕: I have an idea

You: What's that?

Coffee Boy☕: Since I'm Coffee Boy, we should get coffee again.

You: I have to be up all night anyway. You busy right now?

Coffee Boy☕: I'll meet you there.

You: Great.

I set my phone down and stand up. It was late. About 10, almost 11 ish.

I wanted to look good, so i threw on a soft black tee with red jeans. My leg blended in with it, but that was okay.

I had a hoodie that i could wear because it's starting to get colder out. I slipped my phone into my pocket, along with my wallet and phone charger.

I walk out the door and head down to the little cafe. I knew they were open all night because I've gone there many times during the night.

When i get into the building, i see a certain blonde sitting at a table alone. When i open the door and the bell rings, he turns to the doorway.

"Hey Vikk." He says. I walk over to him with a smile on my face. "Hey Coffee Boy" I laugh.

"I got you a medium drip already." He says, gesturing to the cup on the opposite side of the table. "I only got here a few minutes ago." He continued.

"Thank you." I smile, pleased that he remember my order. "How's it like?" He asked, sipping on his coffee. "How's what like?" I ask.

"Having a prosthetic?" he finished. "Boring. It sucks. I mean, you do have to go to physiotherapy for like 3 months." I took a sip of my coffee.

"That must suck. You do get to meet new people like you, don't you?" He questioned.

"Well yeah. You'd meet some people like you, some people in wheelchairs, some who have lost control of their limbs. Et cetera." I say. "Cool" He says.

We sat in a comfortable silence, just drinking our coffees.

"Why did you comment on my leg in the first place? I mean, tons of people comment on my leg, but they don't sick around and want to become friends. Unlike you." I raise my eyebrow.

"I thought your leg was cool. And well.." He trails off as his face goes a soft pink.

"And well what?" I ask. "I thought you were adorable" He shrugs.

I struggle to hold in my smile and keep from blushing. Getting called adorable by a blonde haired blue eyed beauty is both shocking and sweet.

"Thanks." I smile. He smiles again, looking down.

"You are pretty good looking too, Coffee Boy. Actually better than good. You are pretty much the description of the perfect boy." I say, words just falling out of my mouth.

"Thanks Vikk." He says. "I have a slight feeling you like guys?" I chuckle.

"Uh yeah. Gay actually." He nods. "Coolio. I'm gay too." I smirk.

"Why do you call me Coffee Boy anyway. I mean, you do know my name" He tilts his head.

"Coffee Boy suits you. I mean, You are my Coffee Boy" I shrug, not realizing what i had just said.

"I'm yours, yeah?" He smirks. "I-i I di-didn't-" I say, very flustered.

"Oh look at the time. Guess i gotta go" He cuts me off. "Oh uh, really?" I ask, face fully red.

"Don't worry, Vikk. We'll continue this date another time" He winks, walking out of the cafe. Wait did he just say this was a date? I though.

"Ha get some Vikk!" My favorite barista, Simon, yelled. "Oh shut it Si!" I called, still feeling flustered.