XXXIII. Hope

"Found you, Han. Y/N." He said with his wicked smile never leaving his face. You tightly gripped on your phone and saw that Sehun is still in the line. 

"Sehun!! Help! They're gonna kill us!" You shouted at your phone as you saw him slowly walking towards you. Carissa stood up and went in front of you. You can see her legs shaking but she just stood there glaring at the man in front of you both. 

"If you're gonna take her, then you have to go through me first, asshole." She said as you can hear an obvious fear in her voice. You stood up from where you were sitting and blocked her. 

"No. Nobody is gonna get hurt because of me." You said as you looked at the man in front of you. His face was not familiar. You paid less attention to the new students earlier anyway so how could you know if he's one of them. "If you're gonna take anyone. Take me and leave her alone." You said clenching your fists. You were scared and you obviously know that. But this is not the right time to be a coward. You're a grown up mature woman. You take responsibility of your actions. 

"Huh?" You heard the man in front of you said. You looked up and he looked puzzled. He looked at you carefully scanning you from head to toe. "You look like you're gonna pee your pants any time soon." 

You glanced at Carissa and she was confused as you are. Nobody was saying anything as you three just looked at one another. You heard him chuckle a bit as he realized something. 

"Oh my gosh. I'm not a part of that silly little gang shit. I'm here to take you out to safety. Tae-Tae and Kookie is outside dealing with those annoying thugs." He heaved out a sigh as he retreated his gun. He extended his hand out and looked at us innocently. "My name's Jung Hoseok. But most people call me J-hope cause I give them so much hope."

"B-but you're gonna kill us." Carissa said. He took back his hand awkwardly while looking like a confused kid. 

"HUH? What the hell? Is that how people nowadays say hi? I'm been away from the civilized world so I don't know how to deal with them. Nobody's gonna die today and if there is, it's those childish thugs outside. And besides, I would never kill a friend's girl. That's like a violation of my bro code." He explained as he walked out of the spot and scanned the whole area. The entrance gates opened and you saw Hoseok took out his gun swiftly then pointed it at the person going inside. You saw V panting with some blood on the side of his face. 

"Y/N!!" He called you as your legs weakened and you instantly fell on the ground. V rushed towards you holding you in his arms. "Ah hyung!!! What did you do?!"

The latter raised both his arms up looking clueless as you saw V clicking his tongue. "I didn't do anything. I swear. I was looking for her. Cause you said she's hiding inside. Thought you guys were playing hide and seek. Did I gave her a scare?" 

"Are you okay?" You asked V as a hand went on the side of his face. "What is this? Is this yours?"

"I should be the one asking you that." He said while forcing a smile. You cried out loud as you hugged him. You can hear Hoseok saying 'awww' on the back and you just ignored it. 

"Hyung." You heard a voice shouted near the entrance again. You pulled away from the hug and saw a tall guy wearing your University's jersey with an emotionless face. V helped you stand up as you went to Carissa to check if she's okay.

"How's the situation outside? You had to do most of the work, I'm sorry." V asked as he walked towards that guy. You scanned him from head to toe and there were no scratches on his body nor blood too, compared to V who had some splatters of blood everywhere. He was wearing a baseball jersey and about the same height as Taehyung. He fixed his cap and turned to look at the both of you. "That's them?" He asked as you slightly nod and he did not even spare a smile at you.