Time to Face the Music

"Hello Logan. Rory."

"Hello Mitchum."

"Hey Dad."

"Is Logan and Rory here?!" Rory heard Shira's sickly sweet voice call from the other room.

"Yes Shira. We're in the living room." Mitchum yelled back. They heard the clack of her heels making their way to the living room.

"Rory! It's been forever!" She ran to Rory and hugged her. Rory gave Logan a very confused face.

"Hey mom." Shira let Rory go and hugged Logan.

"Oh Logan, I've missed Rory!" She turned back to Rory and grabbed her hands.

"I never liked that Odette. I always missed you. And I know we've had our disagreements in the past but let's leave that in the past."

"Oh ok?"

"Great! So how far along are you?!" She looked down at her baby bump.

"6 months."

"Awe! Mitchum! We're going to be grandparents!"

"Yes Shira." His phone rang and he excused himself.

"Honor and Josh have held off on kids for almost a decade!"

"Honor says she's not ready for kids quite yet." Logan said to Rory.

"Oh Logan, why don't we put those bags into your old room. That's where you guys will be staying." She pointed to the suitcases in Logan's hands, letting go of Rory's.

"Great. Rory? Want to come with me?" Logan held out his hand.

"Sure?" Rory took Logan's hand.

"We're meeting the realtor at 4. We'll be back by 7 for dinner."

"We'll see you tonight. Good luck." Shira kissed her cheek and Logan's. She walked off and Logan led her to his old room.

"Logan!" Mitchum yelled to Logan trying to stop him before Logan got to far up the stairs.

"Yeah Dad?" Mitchum came into view at the bottom of the steps.

"I think you, Rory and I should talk about a trust fund."

"Ok Dad. We're just going to put this stuff in my room and we'll meet you in the study."

"Really? Rory you have no objections to a trust fund?" Mitchum was in truth shocked but ecstatic. He grew more respect for Rory and she continued to prove to him that she could be a part of this family. Even if she knew it or not.

"Why would I? Should I?"

"No Rory. That's not what my dad mean. We'll see you in a few minutes." Mitchum walked away and Logan and Rory walked to his room.

"This is your childhood room?!" Rory said in disbelief.

"Yep. But it's not better than yours." Logan turned to Rory. Rory turned as well to face him.

Confused she asked,"How is this not better?!"

"Because it didn't have you in it."

"Save it Huntzberger!" She playfully rolled her eyes. She looked back to the room.

3 bookshelves full of books. A master bed. It also had a connected bathroom. A computer desk. A regular desk. A Tv. A couch. A bookshelf full of movies. It was almost like a little apartment. But without a kitchen. It was bigger than the off campus apartment she had shared with Paris and Doyle during her Yale days.

"ACE!" He broke her trance.

"Yeah! Sorry I was just-"

"Gawking." He finished for her.

"No!" She protested.

"I was just..." she was at a lost for words.

"I thought so!" Logan laughed as Rory playfully hit his chest. He laughed harder.

"You done?"

"Yeah I think so." He let out one last laugh and drew a breath in. He kissed her lightly and took her hand to lead her to his father's office.

"Come in."