Melody 5 ~ The Meeting(Part 2)

The guest room was filled with awkwardness and silent. Neither me nor Prince Jung Im said a word to each other for the past 2 minutes. Then, Jung Im spoke up." Princess Kim Ailee, I heard that you are going to be the crown princess. Is that true??"

"Omo, how did you know? Anyway, you can just call me Ailee. Calling me in such a formal way is awkward for me."

"Oo, I see. Sorry to make you uncomfortable.  I heard the news from my parents. They told me you are going to be the crown princess and take over your father's companies. They also say that you need to get married in order to become the crown princess. Is that why you are agreeing to this arranged marriage? Is that the reason you are marrying me?" Jung Im asked me seriously.

"Yes. I only agreed to this arranged marriage because I need to be the crown princess." I replied.

" Does that mean you don't even care about me or who I am? So you are telling me that I'm just a tool to help you satisfy your greed to be the crown princess?! You mean you have destroyed my peaceful life just because of your greed?! Is that what you mean? If that is what you mean, I'm rejecting this marriage ,even if I have to be a beggar to do it!!" He shouted at me while looking sad.

"It's not that I don't care. If I don't care, I would not have think about the meeting that we are having today all night yesterday. You are not a tool, not even close. You don't know how stress my life is. Do you think I want to be the crown princess? I don't want to be the crown princess! I don't want my father's companies! I don't want any of this! I just want to fulfill my dream. That is all! But for my family, that is too much to asked for.. I have to marry you, agree to this arranged marriage and be the crown princess all because it's my responsibility as i'm the only child in my family! I can't do anything about it and because of it, I have to sacrifice my dream that I have been longing for since I was a child. Can't you see how stressful my life is? Please understand.. I'm sorry that I have involved you in this stressful life of mine and I'm also sorry for destroying your peaceful life.." I said to Jung Im while crying.

After that he said nothing. He just patted my head and gave me a faint smile. At that moment, he felt like an older brother to me. An older brother whom I can depend on. Inside my heart, I was profusely apologizing as I have given him a hard time and after all the hard time I've given him, I'm going to betray him by running away from home tonight.

"I'm sorry Jung Im Oppa, I'm truly very sorry. Now I know that you are not like what the rumours tells about you. You are actually a kind and also an understanding person. I somehow kind of like you a bit now but I'm sorry. Even if you are understanding and caring, I still can't give up my dream. Jongmal miyanhe..." My heart spoke...