Chapter 2: Its not a date

Sasha and I make our way to our economics class. Me and Sasha major in Crime Scene Investigation. Sasha can be really weird and strange but she was drop dead gorgeous. Her brown cute curly hair and baby blue eyes. But her boyfriend was such a bad influence on her. He was only a drunk and always under the influence.

He's in a band called Needle Heads. In my opinion he's a needle head himself, his career may be taking off but I just wish he would be more careful about the things he does. Well let me say he's not the type of guy you bring home to your parents.

But Sasha loves him I respect I that but I just don't want her to get hurt.

We make it to class with a new teacher and faces. To my surprise Matthew is in the class sitting in the back row. He sees me and wants me to sit next to him. I didn't want to leave Sasha but she forced me to seat.

'' Go Becca, he's gorgeous. Any girl would kill just to sit next next to him.  She said.

I laughed and made my way upstairs to the back row. Halfway there , Some prissy girl in shortly skirt and heels sits in the seat next to him. She looks Hispanic with curly hair, she has a mole right beneath her eye and big lips. She winks at Matthew and takes out her phone. He looks at me and mouths Sorry. I nod my head in assurance. I make my way back down and sit next to Sasha.

'' What happened? Why aren't you sitting next to him?" said Sasha.

''Some girl got there before I did." I replied.

She looked up and looked at me.

''That's Teresa Lopez. I have her with Mr. Hilton. She is dumber than a bag of nails. So she isn't a competition really. She wears things like that to attract attention." said Sasha with a sigh.

''Oh...well I never thought she was a competition anyway I just feel bad for Matthew. " I said with a laugh.

Mr. Patterson walked in with his briefcase and class was finally going to begin. He went around and passed out different scenarios to each student. Each sheet has a number on the top.

'' Now as you can see on the papers in front you, there is a number on the top. Each number has you paired with someone else. This is an assigned project. It worth 30 grades per partner. You and your partner will have to propose a speech by the end of the month. Now I will allow you to do something different with your speech. Any comments, questions and concerns?'' said Mr. Patterson

A guy in the back raised his hand.

''Can we switch scenarios with people?" He said.

''Absolutely not. The way I assigned these scenarios is by skill and intelligence of each individual. I will read out the names soon." He replied.

The guy nodded in agreement. Mr. Patterson went on and started today's lesson. He began writing on the board and started a lecture on today's economics.

30 minutes later...

Mr. Patterson started to tell the names of the partners. Surprising, I'm paired up with Matthew and Sasha paired up with Teresa. Sasha wasn't too happy about that but she'll live. Me and Matthew made a date to start on the project next week at the library. Don't think I like him, I don't you guys. He may be attractive but looks can be deceiving. He seems like a nice guy but I have to be careful

Well tomorrow I will be meeting Matthew at the library. Sasha keeps nagging  me to wear  something cute for him. I keep reminding her it's not a date. But the way Sasha is she never listens.

As always I will be spending the night because Sasha is with Josh tonight at a house party I am scared of the out come of this. I know there will be alcohol, drugs, and sex in the air. To be honest I don't go to parties like that I go to formal and family parties. I don't want to be the one to hold her hair to vomit and tell her everything will be okay. That people make mistakes and that you shouldn't drugs and alcohol together.