Chapter 32: Scared of love

''Here's my phone number, you can call me anytime you want to talk about anything." She said smiling at me.

We were in the parking lot at the beach. I was too busy talking with Gabriella instead spending time with Matthew.

"Thanks, I will call you when I have the time." I said.

"Good, I'll see you soon." She said. All of a sudden she hugged me, I didn't know how to react so I patted her back.

"Bye Matthew." She said walking away.

I watched her walk away until she hit the corner.

"Let's go." I said.

I opened the door and got in the car, Matthew got in and shut the his car door. He laid back on his seat and stared at me.

"You look like you just seen a ghost."

"I did. Me and her haven't spoken in years and all of a sudden she's in New York and wants to be my friend after all those things that happened?"

He looked at me and sighed.

"People change for the better." He said.

"You're right they do but I've known Gabriella for a long time, she has a heart hard as ice."

"Well you can always find out if she does." He said turning on the ignition.

He reversed out of the parking lot and onto the street.

"I'm sorry about today, I was too busy talking with Gabriella I didn't spend enough time with you." I said.

He smiled.

"It's fine. You hungry?"

"Yes I certainly am." I said looking out the window.

"How about we buy some Pizza and watch a movie?" He said looking at me.

"Sounds good." I replied.

We stopped at Mario's restaurant and he turned off the ignition.

"You gonna stay in the car?" He said opening his door.

"Yeah I'll be fine." I replied.

He nodded and got out the car and closed the door. I watched him go inside the restaurant, the door closing behind him.

My phone began to vibrate in my back pocket, I pulled it out and looked at the screen. It was Elijah.

Deep down I didn't want to pick up the phone just because what Matthew told me. I let the call go on without attempting to answer it.

The call finally stopped and I glanced at the screen. What did Elijah want?

Matthew finally came out of the restaurant. He opened the car door and passed me the pizza box.

"Be careful it's really hot." He said.

He started the ignition and mounted onto the busy street.

Matthew POV

I focused on the road, drifting into deep thought. I kept thinking about what happened between me and Elijah. It was really bothering me . I never usually care about what people say but this time it was different. Hopefully it wasn't noticeable around Becca

I pulled up in front of the condo building and parked in my usual parking space. I turned off the ignition and went to the other side the car opening the door for Becca.

We went inside the lobby and got in the elevator. A few seconds later we arrived on the floor and went straight into the condo.

I closed the door behind me. She set the Pizza box on the kitchen counter. She ran her fingers through her hair and stared at me.