Chapter 20: Forgive

The next morning...

I was on my way to Debate  class with Elijah by my side, I decided to start opening up to him a little and things are doing well so far.

We took our usual seats and waited until Mr. Washburn arrived.

"I barely gotten any sleep last night." He said rubbing his forehead.

"Why?’’ I said.

"I couldn't fall asleep at all. I have important things to do all the time."

"Oh..I see." I replied.

"Yeah.'' He said.

I looked at his Rolex watch, it was gold with little diamonds around it. Why kind of job does He have? That watch looks awfully expensive plus he  doesn't live on campus, he has his own place.

He looks way to old to be in college..

I snapped out of my thoughts once the teacher walked in. He sat down and set his coffee cup on the desk.

"Today we're going to finish our bronze rings that will be engraved with your initials." He said.

I took out my ring from my station. It was half way done, I wanted to add some ancient designs to it. I looked over at Elijah.. he had his ring out but he was too busy on his phone texting uncontrollably.

I shook my head and starting craving on the ring.

"You know I would love to take you out somewhere." He said smiling.

I didn't really want to go somewhere with Elijah. I just wasn't interested.

"I'm okay you don't need to to take me out. I'm busy all the time so.." I said.

"If my memory serves me right, I always see that you're never busy to go somewhere with that Matthew guy." He said.

I just looked at him. How did he even know all this.

"Well I'm never busy for him because let's say I've known him for a while now. He doesn't insist on wanting to he asks unlike you Elijah. You may have money and crap but that doesn't impress me at all. So its not your business who I hang out with." I said with an attitude.

"No need to get upset. I just feel like I deserve the same courtesy you give to him. Plus you're a beautiful independent woman, you deserve to be pleased." He said sounding cocky.

"Whatever Elijah. Just drop it." I said not looking at him.

I didn't want to talk to him right now. He was being such a jerk thinking he can outsmart me, I hate guys like him. How dare he take me for granted?..

The bell rang. I placed the ring back in the station drawer and put my stuff back in the bag. Elijah grabbed my wrist...

''What Elijah?'' I said annoyed.

''Come on so you're going to be mad at me all day?'' He said.

''What does it look like? Are you too blind to understand?'' I said moving his hand from my wrist.

I walked out the classroom making my way to the gym for fitness. I walked in the locker room just to be stared at by Helen and her friend. I put my bag in my locker when Helen approaches me.

''I thought I told you to stay away from Matthew.'' She said looking at me.

''Last time I checked you and him aren't dating.'' I said.

''Well as you should know, Matthew was enjoying my company yesterday.'' She said smirking at me.

''You sure it was company or pure harassment?'' I said. One of the cheerleaders laughed a little but Helen shot her look which caused her to stop.

''Very funny..we're finished here Rebecca.'' She said walking away.

I change into my basketball shorts and t shirt. I closed the locker and lock it. I made my way inside the gym and sit on the bleachers. 

''Okay girls get on the court. We're going to play some basketball.'' Coach said.

I made my way to the court, I grab a yellow play jersey and put it on. Other girls do the same and wait for further instructions. 

''Okay 5 girls for yellow and 5 for no yellow.'' Coach said.

I make my way to the court and see that Helen is on the no jersey team. I crack my neck and stretch my legs. I go to the center and so does a girl from the other team too. Coach throws the ball up and blows the whistle.

I jump up and slap the ball to my team. Samantha starts dribbling and passing it to me, Helen is on me trying to get the ball. I dribble over to the other team basket and shoot, making the shot. 

I continue playing, I try to shoot and the ball goes to a different direction hitting Helen in the back. She turns around and approaches me.

''You did that on purpose.'' She said staring at me

''I was trying to shoot the ball. If you paid attention.'' I said

Helen pushes me on the floor. I've had enough of this girl.

I tackle her on the floor and start slapping her hard in the face. She pushes me off, getting on top of me scratching me on the cheek and eyebrow. I kick her in the stomach, getting on top of her punching her in the eye. The coach tries to get me off of her but I refuse I wanted to hit her more. The coach grabs my arm and sits me over on the bleacher.

I watch as Helen's friends help her up while she holds her eye.

''I wish I could suspend you but I know what you're capable of Becca. What has gotten in to you?'' She said.

''She started it Coach..you saw. She's been harassing me ever since last class. I've had enough of her.'' I said.

''I won't suspend you, but you have to serve 10 hours of cleaning and organizing the gym. As for Helen, I might suspend her because I seen she had the intention of doing this.'' She said walking away from me. 

I touched my face gently, feeling severe pain from the fight. I watched the coach sit Helen on the opposite row of the bleachers. Helen was holding an ice pack on her eye. 

Coach and the girls went outside to the field...

I sat there in complete silence making no eye contact with Helen. I didn't know what she had against me. She only bothered me because she wants Matthew. I look down at my knuckles which have stained blood on it. 

I wasn't going to apologize to that girl even if they asked me to. I fought for my authority, I never got into a fight in my life. This was my first one, my parents wouldn't be proud but...I had enough.

Coach came back through the doors. She sat on the table in front of the bleachers watching us..

''Fighting doesn't solve anything. It makes things worse. But one thing I will tell you two..Treat others the way you would like to be treated.'' She said making eye contact with Helen.

Helen made eye contact with me...

''I'm...sorry..Rebecca. I shouldn't...have treated that way.'' She looking at me with tears in her eyes.

''I accept your apology...'' I said looking at her in the eyes. Deep down I didn't want to accept her apology, I wasn't that easy when it comes to these things

Author's note

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys like this chapter, it was alot of work and thinking so please comment and vote!

Thanks for all the support, I love you guys!

Bye now! :)