Chapter 39: My story and the puzzle of photos

Matthew POV

The dinner went quite well as I thought it would be. Her father may have a menacing look and all but I did it. I watched her kiss her parents good-bye and how they embraced each other. Her mother already considered me her in law which is surprising. I waved as they pulled away from the condo. We went inside as we are greeted from the desk worker. We made upstairs, I unlocked the door and went inside.

''That went well.'' She said smiling. She seemed so happy when she was around them, it was such a light energy from here. She slipped off her shoes and dropped herself on the couch. I went and sat next to her. She placed her head on my shoulder. I held her and kissed her forehead. She took a deep breath and looked at me. Her face was filled with worry and concern. ''I've been thinking..its been on my mind since last night...'' I said. ''What?...'' I asked. She looked at me and kissed my cheek. ''I'm ready to tell you everything...about my past.'' She said.

''Are you sure?..You don't have to to if you don't want to.'' I said reassuring her. She placed her hand on my chest. ''No I want to.'' She said looking at me. I took a deep breath, this was moment I was looking for since I told her about my mom and everything that happened to me. ''Ok..I'm listening.'' She rubbed her hands and placed a loose hair behind her ear.

Becca POV

I was scared, I knew when I told him I would start having flashbacks and thoughts but I had to, I needed to stop keeping secrets from him..I could only tell him about my past not the pictures being sent by an unknown person. ''It all started last summer...'' I began to tell my story. I began to tell him about the manifesto I wrote and how it was published to a teen magazine. I told him how I stayed with my aunt, how I met Sebastian, how I knew about his classified reputation. All he did was nod and listen. I told him about how I began to fall for Sebastian, how I was just a precious virgin. How I was only giving myself away when I was truly in love...I told him about everything as much I could.

About...Vivian, the journal, Sebastian's death, Cecile and the aftermath of his funeral. Sometimes I wished I could have replayed last summer, where I could take back all the things that happened. How I wish that maybe things could have ended differently. The more I spoke, the more flashbacks stayed fresh in my mind. I was very emotional towards the subject..I lost almost everything that summer. I thought everything was going to end for me. I thought I'd never overcome this challenge that was spread in front of me.

The way I cried almost every night, I blamed myself for everything. ''I can't believe you went through all of that in one summer..I couldn't have gone through it if I were you. You seemed so happy like you didn't have scars in you heart and mind. I believe you've become so strong against it. I may not have been there to know...exactly how you felt. But all I know is...that you're a strong person and I love you...I'm sure Sebastian loved you the way I did..losing the one you loved the most is heartbreaking..I have some experience of that..'' He said looking deep in my eyes. I watched a tear fall from his eyes. I never seen him cry before. He probably was thinking about how he lost his mom.

I pulled him into a close hug. I wanted to cry too but I needed to stay strong because crying only made things even worse for me. ''That was really heart felt.'' I said whispering in his ears. He pulled way from the hug and cupped my face, kissing me softly. I held onto his arms softly, just letting our emotions come together. Even, I didn't want to admit I knew deep down how it felt to love someone again, how it felt to be happy sometimes. I didn't care about the pictures or my past...

All I wanted to care about was my future with Matthew and all the things that were ahead of me..I may sound  bold all of a sudden but maybe telling my story made me want to happy again. Knowing that I wasn't judged for it or put down by Matthew made me feel...different. He rose up from the couch and walked down the hall to the bedroom. I leaned back on the couch and sighed. I let all that weight leave from my shoulders but I didn't think it was necessary to tell him about the pictures. I don't think anybody out there wants to hurt me...