Chapter 41: Pain, betrayal and heartbroken

Becca POV

I was on my way to the cafeteria for lunch. I've been calling Matthew all day and he still hasn't picked up his phone which was odd because he always answered my calls. Maybe, he's busy I don't know. We've had an argument but I don't think that had an impact on him as much. I just want things to work out between us.  I entered the lunch room, it was kind of full with students surprisingly. I walked over to line and behind someone. After the person, I ordered my lunch and waited for it in the waiting line. I waited for my food until I seen Elijah walk in the cafeteria. I needed to avoid him the best way I could. I dug in my bag for my jacket, but it wasn't in there.

My food came and I picked up my tray and began walking into a crowd of a few students. I slip through the students and left the cafeteria. I sat at on of the tables outside. This wasn't the best to avoid him because he would leave sooner or later. I began eating my food, when I seen Damien with his arm wrapped around a girl. I guess that must be his girlfriend. There were walking towards my direction towards the cafeteria. I waved and he waved back with a smile.

''Hey Rebecca.'' He said.

''Hey.'' I said with a small smile.

''Natalie, this is my friend Rebecca. Rebecca, this is my girlfriend Natalie.'' He said looking at me.

''Nice to meet you.'' I said giving her a small smile. 

''You too.'' She said nodding her head.

''Well, I'll talk to you later okay?'' He said.

''Yeah, see ya and it was nice meeting you Natalie.'' I said with a small smile. I watched as they entered the cafeteria. I continued eating my food. ''Fancy running into you here.'' I stiffen at the voice because I knew who it was. I slowly lifted my head and to find Elijah standing in front of me smiling.

''Hey.'' I said dryly. 

''Rebecca..I know you don't want to talk to me but I have something important to tell you.'' He said looking at me. I looked up at him and surprisingly I was interested in what he has to say. ''I'm listening.'' I said looking into his eyes. He sat across from me and crossed his arms over his chest.

''You may think that Matthew is so perfect but in my eyes he's not. He's playing you Rebecca.'' He said shaking his head. What does he know that I don't? He never liked Matthew from the beginning. Why is he doing this?

''You don't know what you're talking about, Elijah.'' I said.

''Oh really?'' He said. He seemed serious and concerned but I didn't believe him. I know Matthew. He is always faithful and loyal to me. I love him, he would never hurt me and he promised that to me and I know what he is capable of. From the day I met him, he was such a down to earth person.

''Fine, what is it?'' I said with annoyance in my voice.

''Last night..I saw him dancing with this girl at this club. They were drinking and he was touching on her and she was touching at him, it was just hot and heavy between them.'' He said looking into my eyes. I don't know what happened but all I know I didn't feel like myself anymore. I felt ..different.

''I don't believe you..'' I said. He looked at me and shook his head. I didn't know what to believe. I knew what Elijah was capable of doing to try to ruin my relationship with Matthew.

'' I'm telling to the truth, I really am. This is the close I am to telling you something.'' He said. I looked into those discrete eyes of his. Deep down I felt like maybe..just maybe he was telling me the truth, I had to stick with my instincts on this. ''Okay, thank you for telling me..'' I said as I stood up and threw away my food and placed the tray on the rack. I began walking away from the cafeteria and towards the dorms. I looked back and seen that Elijah was gone.