Chapter 9: Unexpected things

I watched the doctor come near me and Matthew. I hope Sasha was okay and that she'll recover soon. I called her parents...they're flying in from California tomorrow.

''Rebecca and Matthew?'' The doctor asked.

''Yes'' We both replied standing up.

''Well Sasha's conditions are not severe but she will need to be off her back for a while, she has a broken wrist. Almost I have a huge amount of cocaine and alcohol in her system. Also there's something even worse than the things I've said.....'' the doctor said.

''What is it?.. '' I said.

''We've tested her for HIV. She tested positve.'' the doctor said.

I couldn't believe I felt like passing out. That bastard gave her HIV and she never knew she had it...He messed her up, he abused her, manipulated her and controlled her. He wasn't going to get away with this and I'm sure of it.

''When can we see her?" I asked.

''About an hour, the nurse just gave her medication."

''Okay thank you doctor."

I sat back down and buried my face in my hands. I couldn't believe it, I care for Sasha like she's my own sister. I wish all of this would just go away. I couldn't take this all in I was filled with pure anger and sorrow.

Matthew wrapped his arm around me to make me feel better. Words can't describe how I feel.  But I'm glad Matthew is there to make me feel better.

''Thank you for what you did back there'' I said.

''No problem. I just felt like he was out of line towards you and me. I would always be there to protect if you need me to. I'm actually glad I was there because I couldn't process right if something happened to you.'' He said.

''That's good to know, my favorite part was the fighting is when you banged his head on the table and knocked him out.'' I said laughing.

''Had to put him to sleep some way.'' He said laughing.

''You hungry?'' He asked.

''Yeah, I feel like eating a sub right now. There's actually a sub shop not to far from here, I hear their subs are mouth watering.'' I said.

''Sounds good, lets go.'' He said getting up from the couch.

'I nodded in agreement and got up from my seat. We made our way to the exit of the waiting room. I hated hospitals. I hated the smell, the feeling everything about it. People suffer and die here that's the fact I hate about it. There are always germs flying around from people who are sick and don't have a clue to cover their mouths. There are always homeless guys outside smoking and asking chum change, its just not the best environment to be around. We made our way to the parking garage to get to the car. We reached the car and there was a note on the windshield. Matthew picked up the note and it said..

''I know who you are and I'm going to find anywhere and anyplace. You think you can just come and beat me to the ground who the hell do you think you are amigo? I might not get you today or tomorrow, but like they see ''keep your friends close and your enemies closer..''

There's only one person that would write something like that and that person is Josh. I had a feeling in my bones that this fight wasn't over. He may be a idiot but he has his sources to get to people let's just say his father kinda works for the CIA but I don't really know. I just want Matthew to be safe because by the looks of it...trouble is coming our way soon. Matthew crumbled the paper and threw it to the side, he seemed calm but I would fee his era of anger bursting out. He stepped in the car and so did I. He banged his head on the steering wheel with anger in his emerald green eyes.

''I don't know what I got myself into..'' He said holding the steering wheel.

I grabbed his face and cupped it in my hands. I looked him deep in the eyes and said...

''This is not any of your fault, you protected me and Sasha, without you she wouldn't even have made it to the hospital. She would be in the bathroom, bleeding her heart out just in true pain. Who knows? He might just have came back in there and slap her around again.'' I said.

He looked at me with those sincere eyes of his and hugged me tightly and closely. His touch felt warm and soft, I never wanted him to let me go, he buried his face in my chest and listened to my calm heart beat. I couldn't help but blush a little.

''You're right, It's not my fault. I was protecting you and Sasha this whole time.'' He said letting me go and starting the engine. He reversed out of the parking and drove to the hospital exit. He gave the guard his ticket and mounted onto the busy street.

''Okay so where did you say the sub shop was?'' He asked.

''It's downtown, ummm its in the plaza with all those outlet malls. I think its on 20th street.'' I said thinking.

''I think..I know where you're talking about, what's the name of the shop?'' He asked.

''Joe's sub shop.'' I said. He inserted the name in his GPS and the address popped up and the navigation turned on.