Chapter 23: Change

We waited for Matthew by his car. There was alot of people leaving and coming in the mall at once, so the front of crowded. I wonder what was taking him so long?

Matthew POV

I was at the cash register ready to pay for my Arden tuxedo and shoes, the guy with the blonde highlights really helped me out, I don't know if I would have found the right tux with out him. I waited in line behind a old woman who smelled like peppermint and honey. The old woman finished paying for her things and walked slowly out of the line.

I was looking in my wallet to make sure I had the money my dad sent me. I looked up and before my eyes was Helen.

''Oh I didn't know you worked here?..'' I asked.

''Yeah I do..you mind placing your things on the counter so I can scan them.'' She said.

''Oh sorry.'' I said. I placed it on the counter and looked at her. Things were akward ever since what happened in the closet. I watched her scan my tuxedo and shoes.

''Okay, your total is $229.95.'' She said looking me in the eyes.

I dug in my wallet and and gave her $240 dollars. She took the money from me and placed it in the register, giving me my change. She put my tuxedo in a plastic cover up.

''Uh Matthew?'' She said.

''Yes.'' I said.

''You mind if I speak to you in private?'' She asked.

''Okay.'' I said.

''You mind covering for me Sonia.'' She nodded and took her place at the register. I followed Helen and we ended up by the fitting where nobody was around.

''I wanted to apoligize for what I did to you, I know I'm a total bitch. After the fight with Rebecca, it had me thinking maybe I should be more nicer to people..'' She said.

''To need to apoligize everybody makes mistakes...I know have down a lot. I completely understand your situtation.'' I said.

'' I don't want you to feel bad for me or anything, I just felt like I needed to get this off my chest.'' She said.

''Its fine.'' I said.

She leaned in and gave me a peck on the cheek.

''Thanks for understanding, take care..'' She said making her back to the register. Did that just happen? Did she just apoligize? I took out my phone and texted Becca to say I was on my way.

I started walking to the mall exit, passing lots of people and shops. I made it to the entrance of the mall to see Sasha and Becca in the far distance waiting on me. I walked over to the car and unlocked the doors.

''Sorry I took so long.''I said getting into the drivers seat.

''Its fine.'' Becca said.

I started the car and reversed out, making my way to the exit of the mall, there was a lot of traffic in the street.

''So did you find the perfect dress?'' I said looking at her.

''Yes, but you'll have to wait till the dinner party to see it.'' She said smirking at me. I laughed.

''Can't wait.'' I said smiling.

''So Mr. Matthew how did you and my friend here meet?'' Sasha asked.

''Well I was on my way to my dorm when I accidently bumped into Becca causing her papers to fall, I helped her pick them up and decided I should introduce myself, I thought she was pretty.'' I said playfully bumping her elbow.

''Typical meeting, I like that.'' She said smiling.

''So are you nervous about meeting my dad and my stepmom?'' I asked.

''Yes a little, I'm afraid they won't like me.'' She said pouting.

''You're the first girl that I ever brought home, I mean I had girlfriends but they never met them.'' I said trying to smooth things.

''Oh wow.'' She said giggling.

We arrived at the school and I parked in my usual space. I turned off the car and sat back in my seat.

''I'll see you upstairs Becca.'' Sasha said getting out of the car.

''So I saw Helen at the store I got my tux , it turns out she works there. She pulled me a side and told me how sorry she was for putting me in a situation and how she wants to be more nicer to people..'' I said looking at her.

''Wow...I never thought that she'd apoligize for everything.'' She said.

''You probably knocked some sense into her.'' I said chuckling.

She laughed and playfully hit my shoulder.

''So the dinner party is on Friday, it starts at 8:00pm,a limo will be excorting us there My dad arranged everything.'' I said

''Okay and a limo? The last time I been in a limo was my sister's  wedding and I was about 15 years old.'That is so cool.'' she said. Her face lighting up. That smile could knock me out for days, she seemed so happy and full of life, I loved that about her.

Author's note

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys like this chapter, please comment and vote!

Thanks to you guys I got to 300 reads :) Thanks for all the support

Bye now :)