Chapter 45: Complicated journey

Becca POV

My eyes opened slowly as I looked down to see my mother holding my hand and her head down. I felt excoriating pain in my thigh and ribs. I was beaten up badly to the point everything in my body was in pain. ''Mom?'' I asked in a raspy voice. She rose her head up and looked at me. Her eyes were bloodshot and she had bags under them.

''Where's Matthew?'' I asked. He was the only person I thought of once I woke up. I hope he's okay. It's my fault he's in this predicament. ''He's asleep, he never leaves.'' She said looking at him asleep on the laid out chair. I follow her eyes and stare at him. He looks okay than he did the last time I saw him.

''What happened?'' I asked. My memory is bad and I don't remember anything. ''You were kidnapped and they took you to the house where Sebastian..used to live. You were nearly beaten to death.'' She manged to say as tears fell down her cheeks. I hated to see my mother cry, that was the one thing that bothered me.

''Your father and I were thinking that you should move back to Chicago and attend school there. You'll be safer there than here. You're going to love the new house.'' She said. I didn't want to leave New York, I would be leaving alot of baggage if I did. This is where I wanted to be.

''I don't know Mom..I want to stay at Cornell. I only have a year and a half left.'' I replied. She looked at me and sighed.

''We will talk about this soon. I'll go get your father.'' She said as she rose up from the chair and went out the door. I looked at Matthew and he woke up instantly. He grabs his crutches and walks over to my bed and sits beside me.

''How you feeling?'' He asked as he pushed a strand of my hair away from my face. 

''I don't know..its so much things that I'm feeling right now.'' I said looking at him. He held my hand and kissed it softly. His eyes were filled with worry and sympathy. He laid on the bed beside me and held my hand firmly. I closed my eyes for a minute until I saw Sasha come through the door.

She was holding flowers and a teddy bear. I smiled weakly as she placed them on the table. I could tell she was crying too. She just stared at me with a fainted look and began to smile. ''I'm so glad you're okay.'' 

''Me too.'' I said softly. I thought I was going to die today. I was close to dying but the police officer saved me. She touched my cheek as she noticed the scar. That was the only visible thing, most people would be able to see.

''With or without the scar, you still look beautiful.'' She said with a warm smile. She hugged me and laughed. After that, my father and mother walked in. 

''We'll leave you guys alone so you can talk.'' Matthew said as he rose up from the bed. Sasha nodded and followed him out the door. My father looked at me and I looked down at my fingers. He walked over to my bed and sat down beside me.

''Your mother tells me that you want stay in New York. Why?'' He asked.

''You know I love Cornell and its the only school I ever wanted to go to. I don't ask you guys for much but sometimes I'd just wish that you'll call one day and ask me how I'm doing or what's bothering me but both of you don't. I feel alone in this world sometimes. As you know me and Matthew broke up so nothing will ever be the same between us. Sometimes its better for me to be here than home.'' I stated, my relationship with my parents has downfallen ever since I left for college.

I looked at my mother and she covered her mouth with her hand, as I watched tears fall down her cheek. My dad walked towards her and tried to comfort her. ''Its going to be alright.'' I heard him say softly.

''No Dennis, she's right. We've been shutting her out for too long. Just so she doesn't bother us we allowed her to come here now look at what we've done.'' She said as she sobbed. I didn't intend to make my parents feel bad but this was the truth. They will just have to deal with it.