Chapter 25: Just like her

Matthew's POV

I was on my way to my parents house up in New Jersey, to help prepare for the dinner party. I haven't seen them six months ago, I really wanted to see Kathy because well let's just say I missed her. She's like another mother to me, she treats me like I'm her own. I wanted tonight to be the best night Becca has ever had, I loved seeing her smile and be happy.

I stopped at the gate. I watched as the sercuity Charlie walk up to the car.

''Hello Matthew, long time no see mate.'' Charlie said.

''Yes I know, how are you?'' I asked.

''I am well as always, let me open the gate for you.'' He said putting the code to open the gate. I drove in to see alot of workers moving tables and bringing things inside the mansion. I always loved spending my summers here.

I parked my car in the garage and locked the door and made my way inside.

''Hello Master Matthew, would you like something to drink.'' Christina the maid said.

''No, I'm fine thank you for asking.'' I said.

I walked in the living to find my stepmother  taking to one of the movers.

''Matt, my sweet baby.'' She said hugging me.

''Oh how I've missed you Darling, how's college life?'' She asked.

''I missed you too Kathy, the college life is good.'' I said.

Kathy was a beautiful woman. Her jet black curly hair, blue eyes, small lips and killer smile. She was orginally from the Uk, her and my father immediatrly fell in love when he met her on his business trip in UK.

''Good, your father is in his office. I'll talk to you soon my Dear.'' She said pinching my cheeks. I smiled and made my way upstairs to my father's office. I went up the marble stairwell to the 2nd floor, I walk down the wall and knocked on the thrid door. I knocked on the door lightly.

''Come in.'' My father said.

I opened the door and closed the door. My father looked up from his computer and smiled. He rose up from his seat and pulled me into a tight hug.

''My boy, look how old you've gotten.'' He said looking at me.

''Haha very funny dad, you're old yourself.'' I said.

He laughed and sat back in his chair, I sat in one of the chairs in front of him. His office was refurnished. His awards, degrees and certificates were in cased with a glass cover and his book were organized and he had a glass of red wine right beside him.

My father and I were considered twins except his hair was brown and his skin was a peach color. He was tall like me but kind of stocky.

''So, how's school?'' He said taking off his glasses drawing his attention to me.

''Its good, the business program is much better.'' I replied

''That's good to hear, how's your friend Becca?'' He asked.

''She's good actually great.'' I said smiling.

''I'm really looking forward to meeting her, you talk about her alot.'' He said smirking at me.

''Pfft..I do not.'' I replied in denial.

''Don't be bashful Matthew, you're practically obsessed with her.'' He said.