Chapter 3: Poor Becca

I lay comfortably in my bed about to drift off to sleep. It's 1am and Sasha still hasn't come back yet. I'm becoming worried, I hope she's not drunk somewhere with Josh. If she keeps this up, she'll be in bad shape this semester. Just as about I'm going to drift off to sleep. Sasha comes bursting through the door. WASTED. I quickly get off my bed to confront her. She walks uneasy to the bathroom tripping over herself. Her eyes are blood shot red and her breath smells of alcohol.

She's now over the toilet puking her brains off completely. I quickly bend down with her to hold her hair. I turn away from the toilet because the smell is so disgusting, I feel like I'll puke with her. She starts crying as soon as possible. I didn't know what to say I warned her a bunch of times about holding her alcohol, it doesn't have to be this way. 

''I just wanted to have fun, I didn't want to drink that much because of what you said. But I didn't want to make Josh angry so I drank a whole bottle of ciroc and vodka.'' She said in a raspy voice.

''I shouldn't have to lecture you all the time Sasha. You have to take responisibility I'm not always going to be there holding your hair and watch you puke your brains out. I believe that Josh is a bad infuence on you but you won't listen. You never used to be like this now you just want to party, do drugs and drink past your limit.'' I said in a stern voice.

''I know Becca, but I love him and I would do anything for him.'' She said tearing up more.

'''You may love him but does he notice? Does he see how you drank a whole bottle vodka for him. Or maybe he was too busy being selfish and caring about himself rather than you.'You don't deserve this Sasha you really don't.'' I replied.

''Things will change Becca, I promise it will.'' She said.

''Well, promises are hard to keep Sasha. I don't want to hear it, I want to see you show it.'' I said.

She kept quiet and kept vomiting. When she was done, I wiped her mouth and helped her out of her clothes so she can take a warm bath.While taking off her clothes, at the corner of my eyes I noticed she had a bruise on her stomach. I kept my mouth shut because I already knew she'd become defensive and not speak to me. We've argued about Josh before and it didn't go so well. Josh is being abusive towards her but she thinks its her fault he is. But its not, just because he's 6 years older than her he thinks he can control her. But Sasha is using love instead of letting reality hit her.I gave her a towel and left her alone in the tub.

I made my way to my drawer and searched for some advil. I should still have some left from the other times I had my cycle and when she was drunk. I finally found them and set them on her drawer. I slipped on my sandals to make my way to the vending machine to buy a bottle of water. Its a few steps down. Its 1am and the hallway is dark and bare, I try my best not to awake any of roommates. I finally reach the vending machine and insert a $1.25 in the machine and press the code for the water. The water simply came out and I grabbed it. I quickly made my way back to the room so i can have the advil and water ready before Sasha fell asleep.

I make it back and she is starting to put her jammies on. I take out two pills from the container and open the water bottle. I always have to baby this girl, she is 21 years old and she acts like she's 5.

''Here, take this'' I said placing the two pills in the plam of her hand.

She takes the advil and drinks the water. She wasn't always good at shallowing pills nowadays. She gulped in a weird way and told me thank you. She went over to her bed and slipped under covers and stared at the ceiling with a blank face.

''I can hear the water moving in my stomach. Its like bloop bloop. Just surfboarding through my stomach acid. Man I'm going to have a major hangover when i wake up.'' She said.

I laughed ''Well at least you won't wake up with your head doing backflips all over the place.''

She laughed and turned around to drift off to sleep. I started thinking again about Vivian. What if she comes up here for revenge? I snap out of my thoughts and drift off to sleep.

The next morining...

''Becca wake up wake up!'' Sasha screamed in my ear. I took my pillow and covered my ears with it. She is awfully jumping for someone who is suppose to have a hangover for christ sake.

''What is it?'' I groaned at her. I looked at the time and nearly screamed. I was supposed to meet Matthew at the library at 12 and its 2pm. I quickly run to the bathroom, wash my face, comb my hair and brush my teeth as fast as I could. I slipped on my micky mouse hoodie, skinny jeans and black chucks. I told Sasha bye and ran downstairs to the library, when I went inside I was breathless. I looked around for Matthew, to my luck he was in the studying section. ''Thank god.'' I said to myself

I walked over to him. He seemed calm, maybe he was late too.

''Hey Matthew, sorry I'm late. I went to bed late last night. I said my voice filled with guilt.

''Its fine Rebecca, I came 30 minutes ago my roommate me up all night just to watch Naruto with him. Poor me right? Its okay you're late I understand. He said smiling at me.

Man he's doing that smile again. I nearly melted right there. Something about him makes me feel like a turtle in his shell. I surprised that a guy like him no girls were throwing themselves at him. Lucky Matthew.

I laughed ''I understand, my roommate came drunk last night and I had to take care of her.'' I said.

He nodded and I sat down across from him. He pushed a book infront of me with the title ''Famous speeches of all time.'' He smiled and I opened the book.

''So what's the idea you have?'' I said.

''Well, while I was waiting I started reading this book. The idea is we have to make this speech appeal to the student body in a way that they will never forget it. For example, the gettysberg address. Abraham Lincoln wrote that great speech, and said it in about 3 minutes with was simple because that speech was quite long. It appealed to people in an emotionally and verbal way. So  are you seeing where I'm coming from?'' He said.

''Yes I understand where you're coming from so you want this speech to be inspirational?'' I replied

''Exactly'' He said smiling.

I need you to be my muse, to inspire, to show me that I have that ability to write a deep speech like all those poliricans did in thier past time. I believe you're the only one that can.'' He said looking me deep into my eyes.

I must be dreaming because this is too good to be true. I only known him for a week and he already wants me to be his muse. I don't see how I have that kind of effect on people. This reminds me back to Sebastian how I was muse when it came to writing everything in his journal. Was this a message that maybe I should learn that people actually want to make me happy then bringing me down?..