{f o r e w o r d}

Cameron

So, I know I said I was going to sleep, but I lied.

Instead, I've been reading these little stories. You can probably guess what I'm reading. I'm reading fictional stories about falling in love with my best friend.

Honestly, there are some really amazing writers out there, and I applaud them. Yes, I made an account just for this. Yes, I'm pathetic.

But, I need to know if what I'm feeling is love.

So far, I've only found stories where the female character falls in love with her bad boy best friend.

So I'll keep looking.... and looking. And even more looking. And more and more lo-

Found one! The description was simple:

I fell in love with the head cheerleader. No, she wasn't snobby. No, she doesn't sleep with every guy in the state.

She's my best friend. She's genuine, lovable, kind, and just real. She's not the typical mean girl, Queen B cheerleader.

That's probably one of the MANY reasons I fell for her.

Now, I have to find a way to tell her that.

That seems like my situation, except Addy isn't a cheerleader. She's just, Addy. I shouldn't say it that way.

She's a lot of other things, but being Addy is her best trait. I don't know how she does it.

That's like asking, "How do you just be like yourself?"

This is why I needed to research this stuff.

I guess I'm kinda learning how to know if I'm loving my best friend. I mean, I feel like I love her, but does that mean I'm in love with her?

Addy's messages hit me hard. I didn't know how she felt, until now. It was shocking at first, but I guess I understand.

She thought I had fallen in love with someone that was holding a grudge on her, of course, she'd be heartbroken.

But even after I broke up with Tiffany, she never told me. Why is it that people bottle everything up?

Bottled up feelings, emotions, and whatever else people hide is like a volcano. After so long, it bursts, and there's nothing holding it back. It can create damage, hurt some people, and then settle into something life-changing.

Here goes nothing.

-Prologue-

--------------------------------------------------
The first unofficial part of the sequel!

I started this the day I published "Texts I Never Sent" and I don't know when I'll finish it.

But I do know, this story will show Addy, surviving a year of living with her sister before college. Cameron will learn to love his best friend, in whatever way he comes up with.

Cameron, he has his own ideas on certain issues in the world. You'll find his little rants throughout the story.

Adelyn, when it comes to something happening to her, she only thinks of the bad. It was never the good. So, she learns how to never assume what is going to happen, because it only causes unnecessary worrying, and sometimes fear, and in Addy's case, obviously a whole lot of anxiety.

So please, continue on, through Cam and Addy's life in Loving My Best Friend.