{o n e}

Cameron

-Prologue-

I had always been best friends with her.

She had always been best friends with me.

I had fallen in love with her.

She hadn't fallen in love with me.

I needed to find a way to tell her that. To at least try to see if she loves me back.

She didn't know I was finding ways to tell her. It was a surprise.

So I resorted to Google, and tried, keyword 'tried', to find something. Just something to help me the teeniest bit with telling her I loved her.

The results.... Find out.

That was a pretty good start I guess. I don't really know how these cliche love stories occur.

Do they get based on other stories? Are they based on movie scenes? Tv shows? Real life? I don't know.

This book seemed different. Maybe if Google actually helped him, it could help me too.

I closed the app and went on my Google app instead.

I typed in the words 'how to tell my girl best friend I love her' and hit search.

It was useless. There were just pages saying, hug a little longer, spend a lot of time together. And then, AFTER all of that, you somehow squeeze in a "Yeah, I love you. Like a lot more than a friend. And Google told me to do this."

I think I'll just talk to my mom. Even though it's 11:30, I carefully tiptoe to her room.

I shake her awake, and she peels her eyes open to see my face in front of hers.

"I need to talk to you about something important," I say, as she nods. I step back, letting her crawl out of bed and stand up. She stretches and waves her hands shooing me downstairs.

------

"So, what is so important that you need to talk about it at 11:30 at night?" She asks, drinking her coffee that she just made.

"Am I in love with Addy?" I spit out, making her almost choke on her coffee.

"I-I'm sorry what?"

"I think I'm in love with Addy, but I don't know."

She smiles at me, shaking her head. "Honey, you've been in love with her ever since you two met."

"Huh? What do you mean?" I ask, in pure confusion.

"You would get so protective whenever she would talk to other guys. And your little 'I love you' messages every day, they meant something more than just a best friend I love you."

"Really? How do you know all of this?" I ask, astonished.

"I'm your mother. I know a lot of things that are yet to come."

"What about Addy? Did you know she was in love with me?" I ask, curiously.

"Oh definitely. She loved you from the start. She hadn't realized it till the beginning of senior year, as you know. She told Amelia about this feeling, then her mother, then her mother told me." She paused, taking a sip from her mug. "Remember when you had Tiffany over around Christmas? And I asked that you don't bring her over anymore? You were making Addy uncomfortable, and obviously, now you know that. I knew you two loved each other before you two even knew what love was!"

I hug her suddenly, catching her off guard. "Mom?"

"Yes?"

"How do I tell her that I love her?" I ask, pulling away.

"Honey, it comes naturally. If you do it now, so be it. If you do it later in life, if she loves you that much, she'll continue to love you until then."

"Thanks, mom. I love you." I say, replaying her words in my head.

"I love you too. Now go sleep!" She shoos me away, smiling nonetheless.

Tomorrow, it's the day that either I tell Addy I love her, or I tell her I need to think about this all. Here's to hoping she understands either way.

--------------------------------------------------

First chapter! I know it's really short compared to other chapters in my other books, but I like these types of chapters.

Short, simple, straight to the point.

No, there isn't a lot of detail. No, it is not 1000+ words.

But yes, it does get my point by.

Not gonna rant but, enjoy.