{t w e n t y f o u r}

Addy

"I'm in love with you." He answered back, a nervous smile etched on his face.

"Y-you're in love with m-me?" I stutter out, using my hands to gesture to him and to me.

"I-I am." He says, one hand still around my waist, the other reaching up at rubbing the back of his neck.

"I—uh..." I tried so hard to find the right words, to show how much this means to me, but I couldn't.

I thought in my mind from one of the many things Cameron told me. 'Your actions mean so much more than your words.'

Well then. If actions meant more than words, then here goes my action.

I close my eyes, cupping his cheeks. Leaning forward and tilting my head upwards, I attach my lips to his.

He said it himself, actions are better than words.

------
Cameron

Her lips on mine, this time it's much longer.

My eyes were wide, and I couldn't bring myself back to Earth. I was too stunned and happy, I forgot to even respond to her in some way.

She pulled away, her eyes slowly opening, an embarrassed look on her face.

"I'm sorry." She says, quickly climbing off my lap. She gets up, flipping her hood over her head.

Before she can leave, I reach out, grabbing her hand. Now standing, I pull her back. She stumbles towards me, her hands resting at her sides.

Why was she sorry?

"Why are you sorry?" I ask her, her eyes focused on the floor.

"Maybe because of the fact that I kissed you twice now, and I still don't know why I keep doing it." She states, a sarcastic smile looking up at me.

She straightens her smile, her face now dull. She looked drained. Why?

I stayed silent as if asking her if there was more.

"Like the first time, you didn't do anything. It would be nice to at least know you don't want them. You could at least push me away, or tell me not to do it anymore." She rambles, her hands waving around. Taking a step back, she continues. "Honestly, before I actually decided to do that, I thought about what you said. 'Your actions mean so much more than your words.' I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I should really just think with my brain, rather than my heart."

My eyes shot to her at that last statement. Never have I ever thought that Addy would do that. She always thought with her heart, because she trusted it.

So when she is telling me that kissing me twice, was her heart, I almost melted. She almost seemed like she doesn't trust her heart now, and I felt horrible.

"Look, if you're just gonna stand there and stare at me, I'm leaving." She says, turning around again. This time, she walks quicker, getting away before I can grab her. I catch the door before it closed behind her, and race downstairs. She was about to open the front door when I pinned her against it.

She sucked in a sharp breath, her eyes slowly making their way to meet mine. "What now?"

I still couldn't form words, so I looked at her intently.

"Cameron, I told you I would leave if you were just going to stare at me. Now, let me go!" She exclaims, trying to push her hands off the door.

I look over my shoulder, hearing the back door open. I glance back at Addy, quickly throwing her over my shoulder.