{t h i r t e e n}

Addy

I wake up, feeling something heavy laying on me. I open my eyes, and they start to adjust to the sunlight shining through the window.

I reach up to rub my eyes when they brush over a head of hair. I smile, remembering that I fell asleep with Cameron.

I yawn, finally rubbing my eyes. Cam shifts around, turning over. Unfortunately, I went with him. Now, I was in a different position, and unable to move.

"Cam," I said, poking his cheek. "Cam, wake up."

He twitched his face, tightening his embrace.

"Cam!" I said louder, smacking his cheek. He jumped away, his eyes wide and sleepy.

"W-what?" He mumbles out, his voice husky.

"Wake up, and get off of me," I say, trying to push him off me. He slowly nods, unwrapping his arms from around me. I get up, straightening my hoodie, fixing the bottom and sleeves.

"I feel like I don't remember anything last night. Except for your tattoo." He comments, so I decide to mess with him.

"Well, you told me that you were so deeply in love with me." I pause, hearing his breath hitch. "It was cute because you were all like, 'Baby, I don't know why I took so long.'"

"Uh, I-I-" He starts, his face turning red. He rubs the back of his neck, sitting awkwardly on his bed.

"I'm only teasing. We got into an argument about Max and Tiffany. You found out about my tattoo after a tickle war. That's all I promise." I truthfully tell him, a deep breath escaping his mouth. "Am I that bad to love?"

"No! I mean, no, it's just... I don't really.." He rambles, so I cut him off his a laugh.

"Again, teasing," I comment, and he shakes his head, smiling.

"I don't like you." He mumbles, rubbing his face.

"No, you loooooove me," I say, reaching down the tie my shoes I just put on.

"Stoooop." He whines, and I smile to myself.

I was overly happy that we had gotten over that argument. We rarely fought, and when I saw rarely it was practically extinct from the universe.

"Okay, I have to go. Before Sofia and my mom start to call, demanding to know where I am. I mean it's a hospital, what would I do here? Go and torture the night doctors by making them think this place is haunted?" I say, hearing his fall back on the bed, laughing. I stand up, smiling and grabbing my phone from the table.

"They would think that! But, I'll let you leave. See you tomorrow." He said, pointing at me. "Tomorrow."

"Yes, babe," I say, smirking when his face and neck go pink.

I walked out, grinning so much it hurt. My phone buzzed as soon as I left.

B: Honey, I need you to go to Max's room. He's there and told me to text you. I'm out with your mom so she knows where you are. Love you! xx

I send her a text, letting her know I was going there now.

------
Addy

I knock on the door, a nurse already leaving. She steps aside, smiling and letting me in.

"Max?" I call out.

"I'm here. Come over and sit down." He said, and I look confusedly at the curtain. When I get to around the curtain, I see Tiffany sitting on one side of his bed, and a chair for me on the other.