{f i v e}

Sofia

I watched as they carried Addy through a set of doors. I wanted to follow them so bad, but I knew I couldn't. Sal rested his hand on my shoulder, and I fell into him.

I broke down, to put it short. He hugged me. He picked me up, carrying me over to a chair. He sat down, and I sat in his lap, just crying.

I cried for my best friends. Cameron, he was probably hurt badly, and we didn't know. Addy had passed out from running, and her anxiety.

To think that love made her do this. Either she is crazy, or she really loves Cameron this much.

No, Sal did not leave his car on the road. He managed to squeeze through people, shouting that he needed to catch us. Some people moved over, some didn't. But he got here.

"I saw you came in with the lady that passed out, are you okay?" An old woman asks us. I look up at her, getting off of Sal, and sitting in the seat next to him.

"Not really," I answer her, fiddling my hands.

"Can I ask what happened?" She says, politely.

"So basically my friend, her name is Addy, she loves her best friend. He was being brought to this hospital because he got into an accident. We were in the traffic out there, and Addy had this crazy idea to run through it. I followed her, and we ran here. She has anxiety and I think she worried too much and overworked herself. Which is why she passed out." I explain quickly.

"Did she say something like, "Love makes people do crazy things."?" The old woman says, smiling.

"She did. Practically those exact words." I remark, looking at Sal.

"I don't think we've met. I'm Leah, Addy's grandma." She says, extending her hand.

"Wait, really?" I question, shaking her hand.

"Yes, not many people know about me. I'm really only acknowledged by Addy, Amelia, and Cameron. Now I have you and Sal." She says, making Sal lean forward.

"You know us?" He asks, curiously.

"I've known you from the beginning. Addy calls me every day." She replies, smiling at our confused expressions.

"Is that why you asked us if we were with her?" My face still showing confusion.

"Indeed. I know you'll ask. I'm here for my husband, he was having leg pains, it might mean he needs surgery." She tells us, as if we've known her forever.

"I have to ask you. How are you so calm through problems like this? You're kinda acting like Addy..." I say, the last statement coming out slowly.

She smiles a knowing smile, and I turn to Sal with a surprised smile.

"This is Addy's fairy godmother!" I exclaim, hearing Leah's hearty laugh behind me.

"I wouldn't say a fairy godmother. Let's just call me her therapeutic grandma." She suggests, making us nod along with her.

"I have to know your secrets," I say, standing up and sitting next to her.

"Alright, I could teach you a few things. But.." She begins, looking at me. "They come with a few stories."

"I can't wait," I say, smiling as she grabs my hand, squeezing it.

--------------------------------------------------
Eh, eh? What do ya think?

I personally think that Addy's grandma (Leah) is someone I need in my life.