{t w o}

Cameron

My hands are sweating to the point that I can see it glistening.

My hands slipped from my steering wheel so many times, I thought I would've swerved the car.

The reason I'm so nervous is, I'm meeting Addy today. And I'm already late.

------

Addy

I sighed, checking my phone again, seeing that it was still 12:15. Cam said he would be here at 12, and obviously, he's late. I was contemplating whether I should forget about even bothering to talk to him or to just wait.

I'm leaning more towards not waiting for him.

But the universe says otherwise, as my phone beeps.

"Hey, I'm running a bit late. Be there in 15."

Now that I realize this, it takes 5 hours to get here. He was awake before 7. He can't blame me, he chose this time to meet.

"Okay, see you soon," I reply back to him, seeing that it was read.

I slouch back into Amelia's sofa, my favorite place in this living room. It was the cotton material, and I loved it. Cam would love it too.

God, what does he want to bring? What is he going to say? What if he doesn't love me?

I'm a strong person, I can handle it. I've managed to get through when he started dating Tiffany, and when Tiffany was torturing my mind.

But still... If Cameron doesn't love me back, what happens? Will we still be friends? Best friends? Or are we going to strangers?

My mental battle is broken up by the sound of knocking on the dorm door.

I shakily stand up, making my way towards the door. I take a deep breath, before reaching for the doorknob and twisting it open.

And there goes my heart, thumping away.

Cameron stands at my door, looking worried and extremely tired. I step aside, and he takes that as to come in.

We stand in silence, just taking in each other's presence. Cameron decides to take a look around the place, walking to the kitchen first. Of course.

He sped walked around, inspecting the rooms, until he finds mine. He walks in, noticing the pictures of us I had pinned against one of my walls, and how it basically looked like my old room.

"I approve of this place so far." He finally speaks. "Especially the kitchen, I love it there."

I smile at that, if he visits regularly, I want him to like where I am going to be staying.

"I'm glad you like it. Amelia worked hard to make it homely." I quietly admit, mentally telling myself to act normal.

"That's good. Look, I came here to talk to you." He says, motioning to my bed. I nod, walking to the side and sitting down in it. I scoot back, so I'm leaning on my headboard.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask, even though I already know what it is.

"Those text messages. Are they seriously real?" He asks, my blank stare becoming apparent.

"Do you really think I would make all that stuff up?" I calmly ask, holding back any anger that would be evident in my voice.

"I know they're real. I just want to hear you say they are.." He slowly drags out, turning his head away from me.

"Yes, they're real. Yes, I wrote them. Yes, I meant everything I wrote and I still do." I confirm, making his head snap to me.

"So, you r-really love me?" He asks, his cheeks already a bright red.

"Yes, I do," I say, confidently.

"I-uh, I don't know what to say." He says, looking at his hands in his lap. I reach over, latching onto them, his eyes drifting to my own.

"Look, I'm not sure what is going on in that head of yours. But, don't pressure yourself. I'm not telling you to love me back, you don't have to. I just want to have the same bond we always had."

"B-but, you still love me. And I can't wrap my head around that."

"Look, I don't know how I fell in love with you. I don't know if I will ever love someone like I love you. So, if you walk out today as my best friend, I'm your best friend. If you walk out as a new stranger, then so be it. I'll accept it all because it's your feelings I care about."

"Addy..."

"Cam?"

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2 anyone?

Sofia and Sal will make their appearances, probably next chapter!