{t w e n t y t w o}

Addy

I took a deep breath, walking up the stone steps of Sal's parents' house. I had only met them once, and I honestly didn't talk to them much. They probably forgot about me.

I ring the loud doorbell, it ringing an annoying tune. I could help but roll my eyes at it, the flow reminding me of a kids show song.

The door is pulled open, and reveal Sal's mother. Is it bad that I didn't remember their names?

"Hello, can I help you?" She asks, and I nod my head. They forgot about me.

"We've met once before. I'm Adelyn Young, one of Sal's friends." I explain, and she looks at me skeptically.

"Yes, what can I do for you?" She asks, opening the door wider. "Come in."

I walk in, turning to look at her. "Do mind if we sit?"

"Please, I'll call my husband." She says, waving a hand towards the large living room. She runs upstairs, her short heels clicking along.

I sit on the sofa, noticing the few pictures of Sal on the walls. I saw multiple pictures of his parents and other family members. As I looked at the stairs, both of Sal's parents came walking in. They sat on the small sofa, nodding for me to continue talking.

"Please excuse me for saying the further details," I say, and they pause to look at each other.

"We can handle it. Go ahead." Sal's dad confirms, his mustache twitching. Something tells me that they can't.

"Okay, from what Sal has told me, you two are very formal. I respect that about you. I also have heard that you stand by your beliefs very strongly, and I do respect that as well. The next part I'm about to say, you have to listen and you must not pressure the people I will talk about." I explain, and they hesitantly nod their heads. "Sofia Stone, Sal's girlfriend, haven't been home for a while. They've been out, their number of responsibilities rising."

"By responsibilities, what do you mean?" His mother asks me, and I glance at her.

"This is the part I was telling you about. Do not pressure either of them for their decisions, unless you hear their side of the story and wish them the best. Understood?" I firmly state, finding it funny that I'm telling adults what to do.

"Clearly." They state a firm nod.

"One crazy night, they had drunk a little too much. One thing led to another, and it's now a month later. Sofia, herself, was stressing over just the fact of telling me, her best friend. That says a lot, and I can tell that she wishes to be accepted in your family."

"She is accepted in our family, we adore her very much." They say, and I smile.

"Then I shall tell you why I'm here. Yesterday morning, Sofia came to my dorm house, completely scared for what she found out. We sat in my bathroom for thirty minutes staring at the pregnancy test she took." I pause, their gazes not leaving mine. "It was positive."

"Sofia's pregnant? With Sal's baby?" His dad asks, for confirmation.

"Yes, that's right. Sal already knows and worried about telling you. He knows how much your beliefs mean to you, and if this breaks one, it will break his heart not to be there for his baby." I formally explain, years of talking to family friends coming in handy.

"We'd like to talk to them both. On their own time." The dad starts, looking down at his wife.

"If her mother doesn't accept that she is pregnant, tell her she is fully welcome to stay with us. With a price...." She says, and I almost frown. "If she promises to never hold back from talking to us. As well as Sal."