{t w e l e v e}

Cameron

I was so angry and stunned. My brother was marrying my ex. My ex that tortured my best friend.

Addy was explaining how she faked meeting Tiffany for the first time. I felt so bad for her and guilty. I wish she hadn't had to do that, I wish she could've just told him the truth about everything. From high school to the hallway scene, to now.

"Why didn't to tell him? He shouldn't be with her! He deserves someone better!" I exclaim, my words harsher than I meant them to be. My mom gets up, leaving us to ourselves.

"I'm sorry if I was too in shock to tell him that his fiancé tortured me for two years in high school, cheated on his brother with someone else, and then got engaged to him while she was dating two people! I didn't think I had time to blurt that all out." She raises her voice at me.

"Maybe if you asked to talk to him in private, you could!" I said before I could stop myself.

"Yes, cause it's my job to just ruin a relationship without any mercy. 'Hi Max, I just need to tell you some secrets about your soon-to-be wife. She's evil, cruel, and using you for your money. Okay, that's all bye!'" She mocks, looking at me with anger flashing through her eyes.

"You could've at least showed him the video!" I exclaim, my hands flying to my hair, tugging on the ends.

"Thank you, Cameron. Thank you for caring so much about how comfortable I am talking about what happened in high school. It's not like he left for some many years, so I should immediately trust him with my secrets. So again, thank you so much." She sarcastically tells me, crossing her arms and turning away.

I couldn't answer her, she was right. I was so focused on making Tiffany's life a mess that I forgot about Addy's mess with Tiffany. Even though Addy was more calm about things, she still had feelings and sometimes they bounced off her past.

"I'm sor-" I begin, not before she interrupts me.

"Save it." She mumbles, walking over to the big window. She looked out, watching the cars.

I messed up, my immediate thought.

I got out of bed and quietly walked next to her. I started to watch the cars driving by, noticing Addy's tense posture. She didn't say anything, she didn't even look my way.

So we stood next to each other, just watching the cars. I stepped back, to give her space. I also wanted to watch her, to see if she was truly okay.

She never really talked about her appearance that much, but I don't think she likes to. Guess I'll do it then. Since I'm here now.

Obviously, her tense body is stiff like a statue. I don't really know how to explain someone's physical features. Girls can do it in a heartbeat, so I should channel my inner girl? I don't know...

I'll take over.

Who are you?

You'll see.

------
???

Addy's brunette hair lays nicely over her shoulders and down her back. Before she had seen Max, she had gone to her dorm house to shower quickly. So, she straightened her hair, changed into new clothes, and grabbed a couple hoodies.

She wore a grey hoodie, one that Cameron gave her when she would sleep at his house. Underneath, she wore a blue t-shirt, with the words, 'Shout out to myself, cause I'm awesome.' printed on it.

Her favorite pair of ripped jeans, paired with her white Adidas sneakers.

She had her arms crossed so tight, she barely noticed the pain in her forearm. When she finally focused on it, she jumped, and let out a yelp.