{s i x}

Addy

My eyes peeled open, to reveal Sofia, Sal, and a nurse staring at me.

"Uh hello?" I say, wincing at the dryness in my throat. Instantly, a cup is placed to my lips, to which I grab the cup, drinking the water.

"You passed out in the hospital lobby," Sofia explains.

"I know, but I'm fine now," I say, not really remembering why I passed out.

"Do you remember anything?" Sal asks, sighing when I shake my head.

"That's why you aren't freaking out right now," Sofia says, a worried expression.

I start to piece the puzzle together. Sofia and Sal are here, my mom isn't. Cam, isn't.

"Where's Cam? Is he okay?!" I start to freak out, making Sofia push my shoulders to lay down.

"They are still checking him out." She says, walking away to talk to the nurse in the room.

"Phone phone. I need my phone." I say, pointing to it. Sal grabs it, handing it to me.

I start to call someone, hearing their phone in the room. "Huh?"

My grandma comes from around the corner, smiling at me.

"Grandma!" I say, sighing in relief when she stands next to me.

"I know what happened, dear. It'll all be okay." She explains, her soothing voice calming me.

"You sure?" I ask, knowing she can't promise anything.

"I have faith. I have faith that he will come out fine."

"Grandma, what are you doing here?" I ask, seeing her sigh.

"Grandpa needs surgery. His leg was acting up again." She says, looking at me sadly.

My grandpa Leo and grandma Leah have been together since they were babies. They had the same case as Cameron and I, only that grandpa loved her. Their story is adorable.

"He'll be fine though, right?" I ask her, and she starts nodding.

"Yes, he will just need assistance walking around." She further explains, until I hear the door open.

"Addy, where is my baby?" My mom screeches, coming around the corner. She pauses, seeing grandma, before coming to my side. My dad comes around, eyeing grandma too.

"I'm fine mom, just a bit shook up," I tell her, seeing her pull away.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" My dad speaks. Grandma Leah and grandpa Leo were dad's parents. They kind of lost connection when my mom had a little fight with grandma about grandma's calmness.

"I was here for dad when Addy came running in and passed out." She explains, sitting on the chair Sal brought over.

My mom stood at my side, tensing as she saw my grandma holding my hand. I looked up at her, and her eyes were avoiding mine. I knew she didn't talk to grandma, but I needed someone calm to talk me through this stuff. My mom is a worrier like me, and dad is duller when explaining things. Grandma is calm, and soothing, like a therapist.

"Mom..." I whisper, tugging on her hand. Her eyes break away from dad and grandma hugging, to look at me. "I want to talk to you."

She nods, and I look at everyone.

"Guys, as much as I love you all, I want to talk to my mom for a few minutes. Can I have some privacy?" I ask, everyone nodding and exiting the room.

When everyone is gone, mom lets out the breath she was holding. She sits on my bed, looking at me.

"I'm not mad at you for talking to grandma." She quickly says, making me smile at her.