{t e x t s #3 + s t o r y}

A: Hey, how are you feeling?

C: Hey, I could be better.

A: What's wrong?

C: Just thinking a lot.

A: Stop overthinking it. You're fine.

C: But it's impossible! Every night before I sleep, I think about that last text you sent me before you left. It won't leave me alone.

A: Is it a bad thing?

C: First it's like a reminder that you love me, and that makes me happy. But then I remember I haven't decided yet, and I want to. So, then I feel stressed and I can't sleep.

A: Cam just breathe, okay? You don't have to rush things. It's been three days! It took me years to even send those texts.

C: But what if I run out of time?

A: Who put a time limit on this?

C: I did...

A: Well, since I'm the one giving you time to think, I declare no time limit! Just relax and when you are ready to actually talk about this deeply, I'm only hours away.

C: Okay, thanks, Addy. I think I'm gonna sleep now.

A: Okay, goodnight!

She waited about two hours before going back to her phone. She unlocked it, opening her messages. Touching Cameron's name, she typed one last message.

A: I love you.

Sending the message, she took a deep breath. She pulled up her hoodie sleeve, revealing the tattoo. It was still healing but looked close to being completely healed. It was a small tattoo, so it shouldn't take long.

Her the door open a bit, she quickly fixed her sleeve, covering the ink.

"Hello?" She whispers, seeing that her grandpa was sleeping behind the curtain next to her.

"Hi, hun," Bridget whispers, walking over to her bed. "Your mom said you were here."

"Let's go walk in the hall, so I don't wake anyone," Addy told her, and they walked outside. "Did something happen?"

"No, I came to talk you about something. Max is marrying someone." She suddenly says, and my breath stops in my throat.

"W-who?" I croak out, covering it up with a cough. "Sorry.."

"You can come meet her. I will be honest, I don't approve of her at all." She sighs, stopping at the door.

"Will you come in with me?" Addy asks her and Bridget nods her head immediately.

"I wouldn't let you go in alone." She says, opening the door. They both walk in, hearing two voices whispering to each other.

"I love you.." Max's deep voice whispers.

"I love you too." The female voice said, and Addy refused to freeze up. Instead of realizing who said it, she focused on how insincere she sounded. She was faking it. She wasn't in love with Max, she didn't love him.

"Max, I brought someone to see you," Bridget says, waving Addy next to her.

"Hi, Max," Addy says, awkwardly waving at him.

"Addy! Last time I saw you, you were so much smaller!" He exclaims, waving her over to him. She ignored the piercing glare Tiffany was staring at her with.

Yes, Tiffany Storm was going to marry Max Parsons. It wasn't because she loved him, it was because he was a successful businessman, and he was wealthy. She wanted his money.

Addy carefully hugged him, to which he hugged her tightly. She missed his bear hugs. Big brother bear hugs.

"Meet my fiancé! This is Tiffany, Tiffany this is Addy." He says, clearing not noticing the angry tension between us.

Tiffany fakes a smile, holding her hand out. "Hi, I've heard so much about you! So glad to finally see you." Her enthusiasm wasn't true, just a facade.

Addy latched onto her hand, feeling Tiffany squeeze it tight enough she felt the bones moving. "I wish I could say the same.."

She smiles a crooked smile at Tiffany, who let go of her hand in slight shock. Bridget obviously noticed the tension and stood back.

"You never told them about me?" Tiffany asks Max, this time she actually sounded concerned. She was so conceited.

"I've been in town for only three days, and they only me saw just yesterday! I wanted to talk to my family before telling them about you. You know my family means so much to me." Max explains, and Addy smiles at that. He cared more about his family than he did Tiffany.

"But we are almost family!" She whined, and Addy imagined her stomping her foot like a five-year-old child not getting the toy they wanted so badly.

"Babe, I mean true family." He says, eyeing her and giving her a stern glance.

Bridget steps forward, looking at Addy. "I better get you back to your grandpa. I'd hate for you to not be there when he wakes up."

Addy gives her a thankful smile and nods. "Bye Max. It was great to see you again." She said, hugging him once more. She ignored Tiffany waiting for her goodbye and walked out with Bridget.

"Addy, you know Tiffany. Why didn't you tell him that?" Bridget asks her, and shrugging wasn't an answer.

"I didn't want to ruin the chances of him asking any further questions. 'Where did you meet?' 'Are you friends?' It would be too much for me to answer." Addy tries to explain when they stop walking.

"As much as I would love to talk, I'm staying with Cameron tonight." She said, just as Addy's phone buzzed.

She pulled it out, unlocking it.

C: I see you standing outside my room with my mom. Come inside.

She showed Bridget the text, and they walked in.

"Does Cam know?" Addy whispers and Bridget shakes her head.

"I was going to tell him now. But we can together." She responds, and they smile seeing Cameron sitting up waiting.

"Hi mom, hey Addy." Cam greets us, and Addy drops her smile. She couldn't fake happiness around him. "What's wrong?"

"I got to see Max..." She begins, seeing Cam smile. "And his fiancé.."

Cameron drops his grin and looks at her expectantly. "Who is it? Can I meet her?"

"I don't think you want to," Bridget explains, sitting down and holding her head.

"Why? I need to know my future sister-in-law." He says, sounding confused.

"Cam," Addy says, catching his attention. "It's Tiffany."