{t e n}

Addy

I really did have to meet with Sofia, she was calling every five minutes. Speaking of which, she was now calling.

"Hello, dear child," I answer, hearing her take in a deep breath.

"I told him." She blurts out, her voice in a whisper.

"I know, you already told me the last ten calls." I remind her, and I can imagine her shaking her head.

"Addy, how were you so calm afterward?" She urgently asks me, her breathing quick.

"Where are you?" I ask, walking by a closet. The door opened and out popped Sofia. She grabbed my arm, pulling me in.

"Addy! I'm kinda freaking out right now." She exclaims, her eyes wide.

"But you love him, and he loves you! What's there to worry about?" I tell her, a hint of a smile on my face.

"Now that he knows, I feel like we jumped a big step." She tries to convince me to freak out with her.

"It's three words. Three words that could change your life for better or for worse. How you react to it, is how you determine if it is good or bad. You choose what you want it to be." I say, opening the door, and leaving. I let it slowly shut behind, counting to three in my head.

"Wait!" Sofia calls out, on cue. "What if he wants to know the reason I love him?"

"I was waiting for you to ask that," I say, her face turning into an interested expression. "When you love someone, reasons to love them don't exist. If you can't form words to describe how you feel, I'm pretty sure you don't need a reason to explain why you love him."

She nods her head, taking in the words I just said. "So, I don't need to explain myself?"

"Nope, if he loves you like you love him, he won't ask. He won't need to."

I continue to walk back to my hospital room, finding my mom and grandma talking inside.

"Hi, mom. Hi, grandma," I say, walking in. I watch the door close behind me, watching Sal walk past the room. Sofia was still in the hall, so I'm guessing he is with her.

"Hi, Addy!" My mom says, looking much more calm than normal. She has been hanging out with grandma, so I guess she taught mom some stuff.

"What're you guys doing here?" I ask, seeing as grandpa should be out of recovery.

"We have a surprise!" Grandma says, smiling so wide it must hurt.

"You do?" I look at them with a confused face. They nod, and I hear a voice.

"Addy, I'm here too." The voice says, and run over to them. I look at the person lying next to my bed and grin the biggest grin.

"Grandpa!" I exclaimed, running over and giving him a gentle hug. "How's your leg?"

"Could be better, but I'll be okay soon." He comments, and I look at the thick bandage around his knee. Grandpa Leo always had leg problems, he walked with a cane and sometimes used those cart things at the store. "Enough about me! I wanna hear about my grandchildren!"

Grandchildren? Amelia wasn't here?

"Hi grandpa, hi Addy." Amelia comes out from behind the curtain.

"Today is full of surprises," I whisper to myself, holding my face in my hands.

"We're going to the gift shop, and then get some food. You three talk." Mom says, getting up and leaving with grandma.

"Alright, how's school life for you two?" He asks, folding his hands together.

"Second year of college now! I'm doing communications, and I'm loving it so far." Amelia says, excitedly.

"Amelia, somehow, got a dorm house thing for a dorm room and convinced to live alone. Now that I'm out of high school, I'm staying with Amelia until I go to college. I'm hoping to go into the therapeutic career." I tell him, and he gives us an impressive nod.

"My two little helpers. Now, how's, what's that kids name?" He mumbles to himself, making Amelia look at me.

"Cameron?" She suggests, and he snaps his fingers.

"Yes, him! How is he?" He asks me, and I look at him.

"You have time for a story?" I ask, pulling up a chair.

"Ooh! I love stories. Hit me." He says, putting a pillow behind his head.

"Okay, so it all started when..."

------
Sofia

I was so deep in thought about what Addy told me, that I didn't notice I was walking. I had slowly started to walk and ended up bumping into someone.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't-" I stop, looking up and meeting my favorite pair of eyes. "Sal?"

"I've been looking for you. Ever since yesterday, you've been acting weird. What's wrong?" He looks at me, examining my face.

"N-nothing. I just needed to think." I tell him, only half a lie.

"Sofia, you don't have to stress out over this." He explains, embracing me. "I can tell what you're thinking about."

"It's not that I'm regretting this all. It's just I've never felt this type of way with a guy. It's kinda different." I admit, pulling away from him.

"Sofia... I hate to leave you, but I need to talk to Cameron." He says, and I look up to him.

"Addy and Amelia are talking to their grandpa, can I come with you?" I ask, seeing him give me a small nod. "Just curious, what does he want to talk about?"

"He wants to talk about his and Addy's situation. He's also gonna make you swear not to tell Addy." He replies, and I take a deep breath.

Hiding Cam's feelings from my best friend that is in love with him? This'll be easy, not.

--------------------------------------------------
I've been on a roll with chapters. Not quality wise, but how fast I'm writing them. Since it's summer, and I have nothing to do, I've been writing like crazy.

I'd like to thank my laziness for this accomplishment, as well as my brain for keeping me up at night. I truly appreciate you two.

Enjoy!