{s e v e n}

Cameron

I sit up, making sure that I don't use my left hand. Since I was leaning on the door with my arm, the impact from hitting the car, bruised my hand badly. Doctors said a few days I needed to rest it.

I wanted to go see the other person, but my parents wouldn't let me. My mother would start tearing up when I asked and would need to leave. To which my father would follow her, and then after a while, they would come back.

I was also waiting for Addy to come see me today. She hasn't texted me back, and neither has Sal or Sofia.

I grab my phone with my good hand and unlock it. I go to my contacts, scrolling to Sal's number.

As it rings, I see a nurse walk in. She sees me on my phone and continues to check whatever she needed to.

"Hello?" I hear Sal's voice say.

"Sal! I've been trying to reach one of you."

"Oh, hey Cam." He says, in realization.

"Did you hear what happened?" I ask him, seeing as he sounded different.

"Uh, yeah. Are you hurt or anything?" He asks, his voice lower than usual.

"Why are you talking to low? Yeah, my left hand is bruised badly."

"No way! Is the other guy okay?" He asks, walking because I hear his footsteps.

"I don't know. My parents say they're still recovering and I have to wait." I sigh, waving goodbye to the nurse that was leaving.

"What room are you? I'll come over." He says, sucking in a sharp breath.

"Are you already at the hospital?"

"Uh, no. Which one are you at?" He lies, I can tell.

"Sal. Why are you here?" I ask, waiting for his response.

"Your parents called mine. So I drove here when I heard what happened. Now, what room?" He asks again, this time his response was more believable.

"Room 126," I reply, hearing him open a door. Was there a door to get through a hallway? Whatever.

"Okay, coming over now." He says, hanging up on me.

Why does he sound like he's hiding something?

------

Addy

I wait for the door to close, before opening my eyes.

Sal, you better not say anything.

I was still in the hospital, and Cameron didn't know. And he won't know. I had asked the doctor if I could stay until Cameron was released, and he reluctantly agreed.

So here I was, awake and hoping that Sal doesn't say anything about me. I hope Cameron doesn't ask either.

I shake Sofia, and she pops up as soon as I touch her.

"You heard that?" I ask her, seeing her nod.

"He better be careful." She replies, already knowing I don't want Cam to know. My parents left because they were talking with Cam's parents.

"Did you hear anything about the other person in the accident?" She questions, raising her eyebrows.

"No, I keep asking but I get no answers," I say, looking down sadly.

"Hey, I don't know if you understood that conversation they had. But Cam is hurt in some way." She adds, my head snapping up to meet hers.

"What?!" I exclaim, Sal's reaction coming to mind. Cam was hurt.