{e p i l o g u e}

Sydney

"Jacoby!" I yell, hearing his evil laugh from behind his bedroom door. "Give me my phone back!"

"Why? You didn't answer your boyfriend, Anthony?!" He taunts, and I feel my anger boil.

"He's not my boyfriend! He was just asking if he could come over to hang out. Now give me my phone!" I yell, pounding on his door.

I hear a low groan from my right side. My dad stands there, rubbing his eyes, wearing sweatpants, and a tank top.

"Why must you two fight at this hour?" He mumbles, sleepiness written on his face.

"It's noon!" I exclaim, and his eyes widen.

"I have work in an hour!" He shrieks, running back into his and mom's room. I faintly hear him yelling to her. "I have work in an hour!"

"Go tell your reflection in the mirror." She mutters, and I roll my eyes at her grouchiness.

"Jacoby!" I screech, continuing my pounding on the door. It slowly opens, and I storm inside. I freeze, seeing him and Anthony sitting on his bed, laughing at something on my phone. "What're you doing?"

"Reading your texts with Melanie," Anthony answers, sending me a smirk. "You're very descriptive with how you describe hot guys."

They snicker, and my face turns beet red. I walk over to them, snatching my phone away, and hurriedly runoff.

"Aw come on! Loosen up Syd!" Anthony yells, and I slam my bedroom door behind me.

Anthony Warner, my oh-so-annoying best friend. Jacoby Parsons, my equally annoying twin brother. Melanie Travis, my best friend that I can rant about guys to.

I jump into my bed, dropping my phone next to me. I lay on my stomach, grumbling to myself. "I hate boys. I hate boys so much."

"That's not what you were saying to Melanie," Anthony says from behind me. I flip over, sending him a glare. "You can't be mad."

"Why not?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Because I said so!" He argues, and I give him a deadpanned look. "Besides, what's so 'dreamy' about those guys when you have me?"

"They're actually nice, and they aren't annoying!" I say, my mind traveling back to when I was talking about how experienced they would be in the kissing department.

"I'm nice! I'm not that annoying!" He exclaims, and I nod sarcastically. "Oh, and how would you know how experienced they are in kissing?"

"Huh?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him. Had I said it out loud?

"You told Melanie that they would be good kissers, did you not?" He says, walking over to my bed. I sit up on my bed, tightly holding onto my phone.

"Yeah, and?"

"You wouldn't know if they are good kissers! You haven't even had your first kiss." He says, and I start to blush.

Why does he have to know so much?!

"From their movie scenes." I point out, and he sits next to me. "Get out, I want to read."

I reach over, grabbing my book from my nightstand. I open it to my bookmarked page and start to scan over the words.

"Hey, Syd. I gotta ask you something." He says, and I nod my head, waving for him to continue. "You hear about your parents' story in school too right?"

"Yep, all the time," I mumble, turning the page of the book.

"It's stupid." He says, and I choke on my spit.